It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
(male)

zaknbou HB User
not dandruff but i don't know what it is .

more than 5 years i am struggling with that , and it is starting affecting my life in a bad way ,i guess there are not dandruff , they are huge , i fell like my skin of my head is getting out , many people told me that it was stress what causing that , i have the same problem near my noise and behing/inside my ears i use nisoral for my hair and primaficort for my face but it seem i will not cure for long term cause it will be back shortly , sometime everything is good and most times my hair is full of huge dandruff and my face too , well what is the solution here , what should i do , will i stay that way all my life
thanks in advance for your help .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User
Re: not dandruff but i don't know what it is .

Try this:

one cup apple cider vinegar on dry hair and scalp. Put a plastic cap on and let it sit for at least an hour. Wash hair. Yeah your hair will smell a bit like apple cider vinegar but it will dissapate. You might try in on a weekend. Also use apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball around areas on face that flakes.

This has worked wonders for several friends of mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 02:36 AM   #3
(male)

zaknbou HB User

thank you dear sir for your reply i will try that and hope it will resolve my problem .

Old 01-02-2006, 05:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Have you actually ever brought this up to your doc at all?if this has been going on for years,I do think it would be time to at least discuss it,or if you have and are still having this problem,i would ask for a referral to a dermatologist at this point.it could be some skin disorder,like exczema(sp?),that will require specific types of treatment.just a thought.FB

Old 01-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #5
(male)

zaknbou HB User

thank you feelbad for your reply ,
what is exczema ? could you explain me a bit about exczema ? what are the causes of exczema ? or please do link me to an article/topic for that .
thanks again and take care .

Old 01-03-2006, 07:23 AM   #6
(female)

cdaus HB User

You may want to try a low dose BComplex vitamins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaknbou
more than 5 years i am struggling with that , and it is starting affecting my life in a bad way ,i guess there are not dandruff , they are huge , i fell like my skin of my head is getting out , many people told me that it was stress what causing that , i have the same problem near my noise and behing/inside my ears i use nisoral for my hair and primaficort for my face but it seem i will not cure for long term cause it will be back shortly , sometime everything is good and most times my hair is full of huge dandruff and my face too , well what is the solution here , what should i do , will i stay that way all my life
thanks in advance for your help .

Old 01-03-2006, 09:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

It definately sounds like eczema. I had the same thing happen to me. I had huge chunks of skin coming off on the back of my head. The dermatologist gave me prescription strength Nizoral which is a 2% shampoo. It's stronger then the stuff they sell in the drug store. Make sure to massage it into your scalp and let it soak in really well. The directions will be on the bottle as to how long to leave it on. It would be a good idea though to go to a dermatologist because they can write you a prescription and they can also give you a prescription for the eczema on your face too.

Last edited by Kari7171; 01-03-2006 at 09:31 AM.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #8
(male)

zaknbou HB User

thank you all for your replies .
so it is eczema what is the cure of it , i already used nisoral , medication didn't help me definitly cause after a while they will apear again , i am searching for other solutions ,i am searching for what is causing it to eliminate it , lack of vitamin ? i will take some (b-complex would be fine ?) or is it stress ? (i will do some sport )
so my question what is causing that and how could beat it before it beat me .

Old 01-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Psoriasis can be a cronic condition and sometimes it goes away. Just see a derm and they will have treatments to control it.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:39 AM   #10
(male)

Ickystuff HB User

It could also be seborrheic dermatitis, similar treatment..shampoo and some spray. I had dry skin on my scalp, in my ears, sideburns, goatee, eyebrows, and around my nose. It is caused by a fungus in your oil glands. It's chronic, welcome to the club

Old 01-12-2006, 04:33 AM   #11
(female)

kathy590 HB User

I would bring it up with your doctor, could be excema, psoriasis or anything. If its excema, the water and shampoos you use are critical, because some can make it worse.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:56 AM   #12
(female)

Princess256 HB User

Hello:

I too have Eczema and been to 2 derms., but meds (shampoo/lotion/cream) taking a long time to work. I am trying the Apple Cider Vinegar now. It sounds like it works. I've seen this advice elsewhere; and I'm right on it.

Good Luck and Thanks

Old 02-20-2006, 11:09 AM   #13
(female)

Jon7346 HB User

My hubby has this. The stuff on his head is controlled by shampoo. The stuff on his face (around his nose, on cheeks, in his beard, eyebrows) he uses hydrocortisone cream for. You can buy it OTC. A pharmicist recommended trying it and it's worked great so far. The stuff he uses is from a major dept. store- their brand. So it's cheap.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:56 PM   #14
(female)

princess77023 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant
Try this:

one cup apple cider vinegar on dry hair and scalp. Put a plastic cap on and let it sit for at least an hour. Wash hair. Yeah your hair will smell a bit like apple cider vinegar but it will dissapate. You might try in on a weekend. Also use apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball around areas on face that flakes.

This has worked wonders for several friends of mine.

Hello: I tried all these this morning and it seems to have worked pretty good. But, I still am getting some of the (Vesicles/bumps with fluid) on my scalp. How often can I use the Vinegar trick? Please let me know cause my problem is really a bad case of Eczema on my scalp, hands, and it is spreading down my to forehead. I have already seen two derms. and the meds have not really helped. So, I thought I would try your advise and I did what you advised and so far I feel pretty good. But, please let me know how often I can do this treatment.

I also bought some "Aveeno" lotion/cream with Oatmeal in it that is supposed to be good.

Thanks
Alice

Old 02-20-2006, 03:05 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

You can repeat it up to once a day.

Closed Thread