It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

satur9poet HB User
Feeling "drunk", spacey, anxious and disoriented

I wonder if this has anything to do with a hormone imbalance? I posted this in the Hormone thread and haven't gotten any replies yet, so I'd thought I'd try here, as this is kind of worying me....for the past few months, I've been having on and off episodes where I'd wake up and feel drunk, spacey, disconnected thoughout the day (like I could look at an object and it wouldn't really "click" or something, vision doesn't seem as sharp as it usually is), off-balance, light-headed, and anxious. I feel drunk even though I haven't been drinking. Granted, I like to have my fun on weekends, but this is extreme! I dont know if the anxiety I get is in conjunction with these uncomfortable feelings, or because the symptoms make me anxious. Sometimes it's so bad, I feel like I'm gonna pass out cold or die. It scares me when this happens. I've been having problems with hormones most of my life, maybe this is related? Something different? Anybody have any ideas?

Last edited by satur9poet; 01-03-2006 at 06:24 PM.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
(female)

o_janus_o HB User
Re: Feeling "drunk", spacey, anxious and disoriented

Do you take a multivitamin? You could be experiencing a vitamin deficency or something. Are you currently on any medications? If you are it may have those side effects. Otherwise I would think some neurological problem. I would try taking a vitimin first and if that doesn't fix things I'd deffinetly make yourself a doctors apointment.

Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #3
(female)

satur9poet HB User

Maybe this is the case. Lately I've been so busy that I often don't have time to eat, and should take a multivitamin. I was just thinking to myself that it's possible I have a deficiency somewhere. I'm going to try this and see if anything improves.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:31 AM   #4
(female)

mandaj HB User

Hi

I have had all those feelings u have experienced. I went to my doctor after putting up with them for nearly a year. I was told I was suffering from anxiety. It came out of nowhere and i was suddenly anxious about everything.

I used to feel spaced out all the time and off balance.

The doctor started me on medication for anxiety and 6 months later i feel 90% better.

Have you been anxious about anything lately?

Im sure its nothing serious, but do see your gp regarding it x

Closed Thread