It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2006, 05:48 AM   #1
(female)

Pipsal HB User
Pain/discomfort all day - lower chest/upper abdomen??

I have had this pain for most of the day. It comes and goes in intensity, but is not stabbing, more like a 'winded'/bruised soreness. Also notice it more when I take a deeper breath. Not agony, but very uncomfortable and I don't want to lie down to go to bed tonight!

The pain is below my breastbone (?) - dead centre at the bottom of my rib cage. To press on that area is a bit tender - a stronger version of the constant pain. It almost feels like it is radiating out from there to my sides and my back feels a little funny too. (I have had a sore back, muscle probs upper half, not sure if pain is from this or not) The pain in my back is similar, kind of between my shoulderblades at roughly the same height.

Whenever I have eaten anything today, I feel worse - and I have discomfort and feel full very quickly. The rest of me feels fine however, did have jaw pains for several days, but that stopped a couple of days ago.

I am 25, overweight and have been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel - but have never experienced this sort of pain with it, its higher up and more dull and constant compared to what I often get. I am also on a few other meds for various things, but have been so for over a year with no probs thus far.

Any ideas? Indigestion - would that last all day? I know no one here can diagnose, but does it sound like something simple and common?

Thanks for your help,
pipsal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2006, 06:35 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User
Re: Pain/discomfort all day - lower chest/upper abdomen??

How long has it been going on? There is a nasty stomach virus making it's rounds that is causing symptoms much as you described. Also, it could be your gallbladder. If you palpate the area just to the right, do you find it more tender?

Old 01-15-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: Pain/discomfort all day - lower chest/upper abdomen??

Ulcer pain would do that too.

Closed Thread