It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

b2me41 HB User
weird symptoms

I am not sure if this is the right board for this, but I will just put it here because I don't know what is wrong with me.

I have been having pain in my lower back (right side) which goes down into my hip. I have thin stools and constipation. Now the pain is in my lower abdomen (both sides) and sometimes my legs hurt. I went to the Dr. but he did not seem to think anything was wrong and put me on muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory drugs. I am so worried about this. I keep thinking there is something wrong. Does anyone know what this could be?

Old 01-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
(female)

Jon7346 HB User
Re: weird symptoms

Sounds like you hurt your back. On top of that you may be stressing yourself worrying about it.

If you question your doc get a 2nd opinion.

My hubby hurt his back, went to the doc, they prescribed physical therapy. Didn't even take x-rays or nothing. After bugging them he got x-rays and a referal to an orthopedic doc. To find out he has a bulged disc and PT wouldn't have helped him except waste money.

Basically his only help is take ibuprofren and not lift heavy things.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twokatss HB User

Sounds like it could be a siatic nerve problem. That can come from your back. Some people have pain over their butt (hip) and down their leg, over their knee and into their foot. Sometimes the pain does not radiate very much at all and sticks to a certain area. ----example---in your bum area.As far your bowels, that can happen from the meds or just the pain itself---worry does not help neither. Some times people do not even get back pain with siatic .
It can be very painful. You need to rest it a bit , if possible. No lifting and make sure you sleep on a mattress and not the couch. Keeping your knees elevated helps too. Put a pillow under your knees while in bed. And between them when lying on your side.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

If the meds are not helping at all then you need to go back to the doctor. It may be you need different medication..or that you need another course of treatment such as physical therapy. Also, did the doctor tell you to do anything for your constipation??? Muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatories aren't going to do anything for the constipation. And being constipated can cause quite a bit of pain all on it's own. And sometimes it has actually caused me back pain! So I'm sure whatever ends up being wrong, the constipation is NOT helping. Make sure you are drinking a LOT of water (80-100 ounces a day) and try and up your fiber intake. If you are STILL feeling backed up, try some Milk of Magnesia. That helps me better than any other laxative because it is very effective, but also very gentle. No cramping or anything like that. Plus it works fast. It's important for you to find the source of teh back problem you are having but I would also really recommend doing something about the constipation.

Closed Thread