It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 02:25 AM   #1
(female)

goingthroughit HB User
Arrow im short!!!!!!!!!!

hey everyone!

does anybody know anything that could help increase height? like stretching exercises, pills, whatever.....

i just turned 20, 2 days ago. i am desperate! i am only 5'0" tall.

and i know how unattractive being short is.. i've never heard anyone complimented a person about his/her short height...

help? please????

and my boyfriend is almost 1 foot taller than me. (dont you think we'd look funny walking together???)

Old 01-23-2006, 03:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User
Re: im short!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

I'm only 5ft 2 tall and i wouldnt worry too much about being short. My husband is 5ft 9.

Sometimes it does bother me because i am limited to what trousers or jeans i can buy but apart from that i'm fine with it

Concentrate on building up your confidence and im sure you will be happy with your height

I don't think it is unattractive being short, if anything i would guess men find it off putting dating women who are taller than them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 03:45 AM   #3
(female)

goingthroughit HB User

but most of my friends make fun of my height.. i am most insecure when im in a crowd, where i could really compare my height to everybody else's...

what hurts is that when my boyfriend's friends are there, and my boyfriend is not around, they usually try to **** me off and tell me how he would look better walking along with a taller girl... i know they just meant it as a joke, but i usually take it personally since i am extremely insecure about it.... :'(

i tried goin to sites that sells height enhancers... they're too expensive and i dont have my own income yet since im a full time student. and im not even sure if they work....

i really admire your confidence.. actually, my height didn't really bother me at all before.. just when my new friends (all of them are a lot taller than me) tease me about it.. and worse, my boyfriend's friends.....

Old 01-23-2006, 04:35 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

spider37 HB User

i think the worse thing about being short is when you told you are cute i to am only 5ft tall no grown woman want's to hear how cute she is like a child but i wouldn't bother with the moron's who make fun of your height i have had to deal with that my whole life you get past it after awhile

Old 01-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

My daughter is only 5' and has never had a problem. She is a very secure, self-confident person and successful in her profession. Her personality is terrific, fun, brilliant, etc. Of course being her mom I am a little prejudiced!! She did not have much chance of being tall, I am only 5'2" and her grandparents are all short.

Do not waste your money or health on stuff advertised to help you grown in height. Being a healthy short person is preferred.

As far as friends giving you a hard time, learn how to reverse it, use it to your advantage. Of course you could call them "long shanks"!!

I have another daughter 5'3" married to a 6'7 fella and both his parents are over 6'. She says it has never bothered her walking along with them, towering above her. She too is self confident, secure and successful in her profession.

Last edited by Misty800; 01-23-2006 at 12:04 PM.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:06 AM   #6
(female)

goingthroughit HB User

that is so good for them... though i really wish i could do that... i have been trying to... i get over it once in a while... but it comes back so easily when they start teasing me again... or when i see some tall girl walkin around the school campus... it gets me really jealous...

and Spider, i know what you're talkin about.. i get those "cute" compliments every once in a while... sucks!

so, there's no way i could do anything about this already?

Old 01-24-2006, 12:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

if it would make you feel alot better being taller then there is something you can do dont opt for silly surgery or any tablets just go and buy some new shoes with heels on and wear bootleg jeans or trousers with them. Doing this makes your legs look longer and hence you look taller

Ignore all the silly comments if they are true friends they would understand that it upsets you and try to support you instead

Buying new shoes with heels will save you tons of money and will help you you to deal with your height in a different way without being too drastic

Good luck and be happy with yourself.......i'm sure some of these friends of yours will have some insercurities that they are hiding well, and i bet if you knew about these insecurities they would be completely different towards you

Old 01-24-2006, 02:44 AM   #8
(female)

goingthroughit HB User

oooh... a comeback??? me likey!!!! just kidding.... yeah, i've always worn heels and it's killing my feet! i actually look taller when i do, and it makes me feel good.. just the after effect... it's annoying!

maybe the heels im wearing are too high.. they are like 3-4 inches and i wear the pointy ones too!

but thank you so much... i really appreciate it... well, as long as my boyfriend is not complaining.. after all, it's his opinions that matters.. and my mom and dad said i dont look short, so i guess i'll just take their word over my friends....

it's cool that you're not bothered about the height difference you have with you husband... see, i should be more like you!!!

Last edited by goingthroughit; 01-24-2006 at 02:46 AM.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:58 AM   #9
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User

*Laughs* My god, girl. Do you have any idea how LUCKY you are to be short? I'm a 5' tall girl myself, and my GOD. Guys LOVE short women! We're cute, petite... usually have loads of personality... and let's face it - self confidence is an absolute must! If a short little lady can put some big, strong guy in his place... it's extremely amusing.

I feel sorry for the taller women. Yeesh, where's the fun in that?

Old 01-25-2006, 02:49 AM   #10
(female)

goingthroughit HB User

cool! that actually made me feel better! how old are you, anyways? (if you dont mind me askin)

do your friends tease you about your height once in a while? i never really used to be insecure about this.. just when i had my 5'11" boyfriend! hehehe... some people just told me im a little too short for him.. and it hurts...

Old 01-25-2006, 06:32 PM   #11
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User

I'm twenty. My guy's about 5' 10". Sure, people tease me about my height. That's half the fun of it. You can always tease them right back about being tall. And so what if he's tall? Odd-height couples are always more interesting. Would you rather that you and he looked like a set of twins walking around?

Old 01-25-2006, 06:46 PM   #12
(female)

denise6433 HB User
Lightbulb Re: im short!!!!!!!!!!

although i believe you should try to accept your height because thats how you naturally are, there is a pill I have heard of. its prescription but i dont not know of any side effects or anything like that. The pills are called HeightMax

seriously think if you are unhappy with your height or ifs its just a phase of unhappiness. Go see your doctor and tell them you're considering it and ask about risks etc.

-Denise

Old 01-25-2006, 11:37 PM   #13
(female)

goingthroughit HB User

hmmm... sounds interesting.. does it work? i hope it's not expensive though? thanks Denise...

you have a point there, DeperationGirl... it's cool we're both at same age! i could really relate.. and especially the fact that your bf is 5'10" too!

Old 01-26-2006, 01:06 AM   #14
(male)

dutch-ny HB User

Short, my wife is 5'2",me 5'9". married 28 years and she is still the hottest thing alive!!!!

Old 01-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #15
(female)

BarbJ HB User

Im petite, shorter than you, I'm 4'9, no Im not a little person, just small. I remember those days when it was no fun being the smallest person. I'm now 53, and don't care what people think, I love my height! Your right about finding clothes, but now a days you can find about anything to fit, even shoes, I wear a 2 kids, but they have a great store here that has small sizes.I don't think you'll grow anymore being that your 20, accept who you are, and love yourself. If your so called friends are making fun of you, their not really your friends, I know that from experience. Just take care of yourself, eat healthy, when your older you might have health risks if you are also smalled boned, take plenty of calcuim..lmao I know I sound like a mom... sorry. So your not short, you petite. Its a blessing...hahaha

Closed Thread