It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
(female)

Shelby_36 HB User
Should I be highly concerned?

I have felt "off" for about 2 weeks..."Off" like on the verge of getting something.(I am realtively healthy person other than controlled HBPw/meds)

Last Tuesday and wed night- with no other symptoms I had a fever and bad headache in the middle of the night ...I also had lots of dizzyness those evenings after work. There are alot of virus etc going around so I didn't worry much. Thurs and Fri I felt some better with a tickly cough. Today I was at the grocery store and I started having a productive cough.. I spit in a kleenex so I could see if it was green so I knew If I needed to go get antibiotics...well it was bloody!
I got a littel more up later and there was more blood. Not a ton but it is mixed in teh phelm. I haven't been coughing a lot so I know its not just an irriated throat. Should I wait and see or should I be heading to the dr. right now? (Ps I do not have a fever right now..I still have some headache and my BO is slightly elevated.)

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User
Re: Should I be highly concerned?

Hi

If you are coughing up blood then yes you should go and see your doctor without delay so he can rule out any nasty diseases. Try not to leave it too long to go and see him.

It may not be serious, could be something as simple as an infection that has spread, maybe in your tonsils that are bladly inflammed and casuing you to cough up the blood (just an example)

But as a perosnal general rule, any sign of blood when coughing a person should go to their doctor as soon as possible.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

midniteangel HB User
Re: Should I be highly concerned?

Blood from anywhere is always a sign, a warning sign. So do go straight away to your doc...

Closed Thread