It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #1
(male)

Nick J HB User
Low Temp and many symptoms

I have been wondering if I should go to the doctor to get checked out because last week I had a weird situation.. Now.. I used to get migraines in the past, so I know when I get a migraine and or when I can feel one coming on.

Last Wednesday, while at work, around 9 am I started feeling what I thought was the start of a Migraine. My head hurt in the same spot as usual. As the morning progressed, it continued to get worse.. as usual..By the time lunch came around, my migraine had worsened, and felt like I was gonna vommit, it felt really hot inside, etc.. Around 1:30 in the afternon, I couldn't take it no more, my migraine was so bad, that I felt I was gonna die, I had to vommit.. so I decided that I was gonna head home. I told my mananger what was wrong, and as I was talking to him, I caught my self stuttering and concentrating real hard to just say why I had to leave.. he said you better go, you look pretty pale.. so I proceeded to the bathroom before I left and my face appeared ghostly, almost white..
I drove home with the window down cause I felt like I was burning up inside (I am from northern MN, so it was quite cold outside), but the cool air felt good. I got home and right away decided to take my temp, and it read 92.8. I thought, that can't be right.. so I did it again, 92.8 again.. I thought somethin was wrong with the thermometer. So I waited five minutes and took another reading, 92.0.. Now I am freakin out, cause I know this can't be good. My head feels the worse it has ever felt in my life, and my stomach was about to lose the battle. A little later, I finally did vommit, and litteraly with in 10 min, I felt great, like nothing had happened. Every five minutes I checked my temp and it rose 1 degree ever five minutes. I continued to check my temp over the course of the last week, and consistintly stayed in the midde 95 range... now I am no doctor but I know that isn't right.. Just today, for the first time in five days.. my temperature reading finally rose above 97.. so I feel a little more at ease.. I am still debating on getting checked out.. but I am not sure what that could have been...low temp, that low can't be good.. any info that any one has would be greatly appreciated...thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2006, 09:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User
Re: Low Temp and many symptoms

I would get your thyroid checked.. that can be a sign of hypothyroidism...

also, did you use another thermometer? Maybe there was something wrong with it

Old 01-30-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
(female)

PJ59 HB User

Hi, Definately go get a medical workup including complete thyroid workup. I also have been dealing with low body temp for over 2 years now since head trauma with longtime undiagnosed sinus infection. I never have gotten any real answers why I still have low body temp. One dr did tell me that low temp was a sign of severe inflammation somewhere. I have had many normal workups with no answers about the low body temp issue . The only time my temp approaches normality now is when I get a bad sinus infection. For the first several months my temp would drop to as low as 93 degrees when exposed to cold temps & I had difficulty with thermoregulation. Now my temp seems to be happy around 96.5-97 & it doesn't drop when exposed to cold temps. (I live in cold northern climate.) Pre head injury I had normal body temp of 98.6. Please keep us posted on your progress and would be interested in hearing about any other cases of low body temp.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
(male)

Nick J HB User

thanks for the replys..

I did get another thermometer just in case ( a non-digital one) and still same readings..

Reason I wonder if I should even bother going in, is because last winter, I had a full check up cause of a aches and pains, fatigue, etc... they drew blood and did all the tests and came back with nothing. they told me they checked for hypothyroidism and there was nothing to worry about. The advice then was daily excersise and drink lots of water..

I am now worried that maybe they missed something..if thats even possible.. and that i will go in there again and go through all the same stuff to find nothing..im just confused..haha.. i have been there enough times to have them tell me i am perfectly healthy.. so i kinda get discouraged and figure why bother.. when they will just say, " I don't know"

Thanks again-Nick

Old 01-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #5
(female)

Jon7346 HB User

Hi, I am a thyroid sufferer. A lot of docs either go by old lab ranges (where a TSH above 3 is considered hypothyroid) or they don't check your free t4 and free t3 (thyroid hormones) which can show a better picture of thyroid activity. If they are in the bottom end of the range thats no good and will be giving you symptoms as you described.

Try to find out what your TSH was and go from there.

Closed Thread