It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #1

mel22max HB User
blood nose every day!

I am scared to blow my nose because if I do just a little I get a bloody nose in my right nostril every time. And it bleeds and bleeds...

Every day. If I stick my finger up there right now it will bleed. And I have bad headaches what is going on...is anyone else experiencing this. I live in Michigan so I know that the dryness in the air plays a big role but dang!

Old 03-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
(male)

dutch-ny HB User
Re: blood nose every day!

Two things that I could think of ; 1, need for a humidifier or 2, High blood pressure. I think it might be high blood pressure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

I agree with #2 ~ sounds like High Blood Pressure especially since you are having headaches which is another sign of high blood pressure. I suggest you go to the doctor to have this checked out.

Good Luck ~ Goody

Old 03-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

faeriegirl25 HB User

I agree too that it may be your blood pressure. Just recently I had a couple nosebleeds and headaches and I have had blood pressure problems for about a year. I went to the dr to see if it was elevated, and it wasn't. My doc said just to get a humidifier to help the dryness.

Also, stop blowing your nose so much. Your nose after bleeding will have a clot that actually breaks back open. This makes your nose bleed again. I know its scary, but get to the dr, and be safe!!

Old 03-10-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

some people have very thin skin in the nose area which means any irritation can cause the nose to bleed.. Try saline spray and a humidifier.. if your sinuses are inflamed from being dry that can also cause headaches. If that doesn't help after a few days, see the doc.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:27 PM   #6
(male)

eDeal HB User

How old are you? I used to have 2-3 nosebleeds a day when I was in junior high school (8th, 9th grade). It would seem to take forever to stop, and generally had signs of anemia (walking up stairs would leave me breathless for a very long time, athough I was in pretty good shape) as well as brusing easily. Knowing what I know now of Leukemia, I would have probably paniced. But, since we had no health insurance, it was never investigated.

By the time I entered high school, however, the nose bleeds stopped. Now, instead of constant nose bleeds, I get frequent sinus infections.

Old 03-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User

I get bloody noses frequently also. The inside wall of my left nostril is so sensitive that sometimes when I wash my face, I just happen to rub that area of my nose a little, and it starts bleeding. I heard that if you dab some petroleum jelly in it every day it should help.

Old 03-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #8
(female)

mtmarty HB User

Sinus problems would be my first guess. Using saline spray to clean and reduce the irritation of the sinus lining has aways helped me, along with gently applying a little olive or other vegetable oil to help ease the cracking. Food oils are safer, they can be absorbed into the system easier. Try to leave the clot alone until the crack can heal. The headache can be from sinus pressure, fluid build up in the sinuses. Again, the saline spray can help wash out the 'gunk' and relieve the swelling/pressure that accompnies it. Seems odd to spray salt water up your nose, but it will come out, either back out the way it went in, or at the back of your mouth.

If you are troubled by high blood pressure, I remember my father having to get cappillaries in his nose cauterized because of high blood pressure. He would get huge bloody noses that would not stop.

Closed Thread