It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
(male)

Isle_of_Man HB User
I get really nervous

Hiya, I Love Playing Darts And Im A Really Good Darts Player, The Only Problem Is That I Get Really Nervous Before A Darts Match And Cant Get Rid Of It. 2 Hours Before A Match My Hole Body Turns To Jelly And I Get A Really Bad Stomach.my Heart Also Beats Fast And Hard And My Face Starts To Go Really Red N Hot,also I Get Swetty. I Hate It And Ive Tried Allsorts Such As Drinking Before A Game And Taking Kalms To Try N Calm Me Down But Nothing Works. Has Anyone Got Any Ideas On How To Get Rid Off Bad Nerves And What Causes It. It Would Be A Great Help.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
(female)

stay2gether HB User
Re: I get really nervous

try to stay focused on something else so thar your not worrying so much bout it, thats al i can think to do........maybe as time goes on youl get more used to it and not get as nervous? but is their an underlying issue? like do you not like being the centre of attention?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Try "square breathing"... you breathe in slowly to the count of 7, hold it for the count of 7, breathe out slowly to the count of 7 and hold it there for the count of 7 - keep repeating... this stops panic attacks. Sometimes it is REALLY hard to do that because you want to breathe so badly or breathe faster, but control is the key.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
(male)

Isle_of_Man HB User
Angry Re: I get really nervous

Hi everyone, thank you for the advice..it was very helpfull.i have recently tried focusing on what i am doing during the day and not my darts match and it did help until about 30mins before a game.... I just got so nervous again.
I hate getting nervous and i dont know why it happens because its only a darts match and the people i play against are people that ive played against for 6 years.somewhere along the lines something has happened thats made me like this and i need to think back find out what it is and how i can change it. i get nervous just going to the pub or going to town, i think thats just because of the way my X Girlfriend use to treat me and it worries me that i might bump into her. She use to treat me really badly by kicking me, hitting me with objects, cheating on me and also taking the mick out of me.And yes i know that i should of done something about it at the time but i was young n stupid and it was my first love...she had me just where she wanted me. The darts thing is a different kind of worry, the only reason i can think of for this is that im trying to hard and i know that im one of the best players on the island and i want people to know how good i am, but just like every match i play in i turn to jelly and make a fool of myself. I hate it,ive tried KALMS and Whisky before a match but it dont work......... I must work on it and control my mind

Old 03-31-2006, 01:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Hi Isle

Your last post hit the nail on the head as to where the root of your problem lies, your ex girlfriend!! So, the best way to deal with your nervous ways is to deal with the root of the problem first otherwise you will be fighting a losing battle.

This ex of yours, remember that is an ex and always will be, for somebody to treat you like that then she wasn't worthy of you, therefore think positive, tell yourself that you are a better person than her and that she may used to control you but now you refuse to let her control you anymore. Try and not to think about whether she will turn up in the pub, go there for the sole reason of enjoying darts.

If you can deal with this side first then more than likely the nervous issues will no longer be a problem for you, but the more you worry about it the more of an issue it will become.

Good luck and i hope it works for you.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:42 AM   #6
(male)

barunpaudel HB User

same was the case with me as described by Isle, but i used to get da saem situation when my gf was near to me.I was really getting bored of getting nervous in front of her. Accidently i read the solution provided by Sunlover to Isle and i applied the same to mine case..now its working to me as well. I mean the case is getting satisfactory to me. Thankyou a lot Sunlover.

With regards
barunpaudel

Old 03-31-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
(male)

Isle_of_Man HB User
Wink Re: I get really nervous

Hiya, thank you for all the info that you have given me, its been a great help.Its hard to get rid of the people and the things that your most feard of when you live on an island cus everything and everyone is everywhere you go.
When it comes to darts im gonna concentrate on what im doing at the time and try not to think of the darts game...keep myself occupied during the day. I know it aint gonna happen straight away, its something that im gonna have to work on. Worry to me is so strange and my mind boggles when i think about it, i have no need to worry cus its only a darts match and its something i enjoy and in the past 2 years ive met and got engaged to the best girl on the island who does everything and buys everything for me,we are also expecting a baby in september so what have i got to worry about, its me thats having the last laugh.
Worry is all in the mind and i must try not to think about it,its something that i must work on.
Thank you.....i will let you all know how i get on.

Closed Thread