It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 05:32 AM   #121
(female)

tinkerbell000 HB User
Re: Chronic Bad Breath

Hi,

My tongue also has large taste buds at the back of it and has some white near the back but not a huge amount. I think the reason the tongue brush isnt working for me is that i get my tongue clean and then 2 minutes later the white reappears bc of the acid in my system. My ph test revealed that i have significant amounts of acid in my throat...that should not be there. I am still using the tung brush everyday but i think my problem is definetly a medical one. Oceanside you were diagnosed with diabettes, i think that causes bb right? If you got the diabetes under control wouldnt the bb go away? What were your symptoms of diabettes? Well talk to everyone later

Old 07-13-2006, 08:04 PM   #122
(male)

oceanside HB User

Tinkerbell;
Yes, unfortunately, I was diagnosed w diabettes by default on my journey in search of a cure of BB. I read the symptoms of BB has correlations to diabetes but as we know there are so many unexplained relationships to chronic BB. It could be anything and everything. I had a deviated septum performed many years ago, which at that time, I was certain it caused my BB. But after the surgery, nothing. As the years goes by, and BB persisted I just kinda accepted it as a life-long struggle that I had to deal w. I have type II diabetes, which severely reduces the amount of saliva in my mouth. I asked the dr. for meds to increased my saliva, hoping w more saliva an increased in oxygen rich mouth to combat BB. He pretty much ignored me by simply placing me on a rigid diet, medication, and blood testing 4x a day. I have become a human pin cushion w BB. Aint nice to have to draw blood by poking my fingertips everyday. Dr. did also said that I don't have acid reflux b c he did checked it out by blood testing. Plus, I was on almost 3 yrs. of antibotic b c of severe acne. Finally, my system shut down w severe allergic reactions to penicillen. I m now allergic to penicillen. Thnks to the wisdom of the doctor. He didn't care. My acne continued than dr. placed me on Accutane. The antibotics killed good bacteria in my system, thus, today bacteria in my mouth has free reign to infestations. Well, I hope acid reflux is the caused of your BB, and w medication your symtom may decrease. Yea! Keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 09:11 PM   #123
(male)

SteveGn HB User

Oceanside and others, I'm reading a book called The Yeast Connection. One of the main reasons people get yeast infections, which alone can cause bad breath, is because of taking antibiotics which kill good bacteria. Tetracycline for acne, taken longer that one month, is one of the culprits that the book mentioned. Yeast infections can also lead to leaky gut syndrome (LGS). With LGS, the intestines allow toxins and other garbage to leak into the bloodstream, which can cause bad breath and lead to many, many other problems.

Yeast infections can also lead to postnasal drip, white tongue, dry mouth/throat, acid reflux, fatigue, depression, food sensitivities such as to sugar, gluten/wheat, corn and dairy, headaches, ADHD, digestive and bowel problems, sleeplessness, irritability, sugar cravings, muscle and joint pain, loss of concentration, skin irritations, panic/anxiety, bloating, gas, just to name a few. A person doesn't have to have near ALL of these symptoms or the many other symptoms which I didn't name, in order to have a yeast infection.

Candida is the main yeast bacteria. There are supplements that help destroy the candida. The personel at the health food store recommended I first do a cleansing of my digestive system i.e., colon, kidneys, liver, then do the candida cleanse, as well as a parasite cleanse since our systems without the good bacteria are susceptible to parasites also. Also acidophilus and bifidus are the main friendly bacteria in the digestive system and you can take supplements that contain these to help restore the system's flora to a healthy state. Also enzyme supplements may be a good idea to take for awhile to help digest the food while everything is being restored to its optimal digestive condition. Hope this is of some help!

Last edited by SteveGn; 07-13-2006 at 09:27 PM.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:18 AM   #124
(male)

oceanside HB User

StevenGn,
The information is mind blowing. Regardless of the fact I am very leary/sceptical of alternative remedy interventions, I bought into the possibility that I may have a yeast problem, thus BB. Last month I went out and purchased the entire Candida regimen. Fungal defense, colon cleanse, probiotics, GSE (grape see extract), just to name a few. Religiously, I took the prescribed dosages 2x a day. It was one of the worse teasting thing ever. I have to admit I was using the b-room quiet often. The symptoms leaky gut syndrom that you mentioned can pretty much include just about every person. Headaches, depression, tireness,..., on n on, and of course, BB. I am wondering who are the invested/interest parties whom classified these symptoms, and what are they in for? There are a lot of desperate people out there genuinely experiencing emotional and physical pain due to their illness, Im one of them. However, by now, I have spent thousands on worthless products. I don't think conventional medicine reconizes "leaky gut syndrome" b/c the symptoms are just about anything and everything. It's very convincing how the authors want us to belive the nature of the symtoms. I have yet to encounter anyone with chronic BB whom was cured using Candida remedy. Beleive me, I wanted to be the first, but here im...my search continues. By the way, I checked the price for waterpik. I decided to hold off b/c it was almost $70. I am leaving for L.A. for the weekend so the money is needed for fun in the sun in the golden state. Thnks for your inseight. Keep us posted.

Old 07-14-2006, 10:08 AM   #125
(male)

oceanside HB User

SteveGn;
Just another thought on LGS. When I did research on GSE (grape seed extract) and Candida, a dr. endorsed the product claiming that it was the best remedy he has encoutered to treating fungal disease. Furthermore, he said that the product was 100% natural, effective, and highly recommanded it to curing Candida. That's a huge claim to make for a doctor. His reputation, not to mention career is on the line for the medical community to scutinize if his claim is bogus. It turns out that he was only a phD. and not a medical dr. He was invested b/c he was the inventer of the product. Furthermore, it was not 100% natural or effective b/c extracted grape seed liquid has a very short shelf life/it doesn't stay fresh forever. It has additives and preservatives to keeping it fresh. A bogus claim not 100% natural. Another thing a b natural/holistic remedy is that they make all kinds of awesome claims, wonders in treating and curing disease/illnesses. Read carefully in the rectangle box where it says, "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease." In otherwords, just a b anyone can come up w a wonder cure all and market the product but include the FDA claus on the label they are NOT subjected to medical lawsuit, or regulated by the FDA. Within resonable limitations, they can claim just about anything they want the comsumers to believe in their products. It doesn't make sense to me that an expensive remedy that I purchased at a natural food/health store, that was intended to restore and cure me, but the label said this stuff is not suppose to cure my illness. Desperation drives a person to do crazy thing, I spent almost $200 on products to curing my Candida and white coated tongue. LOL. See ya.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:45 PM   #126
(male)

SteveGn HB User

Oceanside, I'm skeptical about a lot of claims myself, especially when no one else seems to be making those claims, except the inventor or website doing the selling of the product.

Having said that, Candida seems to be a legitimate issue of concern. Whether it can cause bad breath - I have no idea. Can it be eliminated with some type of supplement - I have no idea about that either. A proper diet seems to be very important though. Sugars, alcohol, dairy foods including milk, wheat, enriched flours, and many others seem to create a favorable breeding ground for the Candida bacteria.

I did a search on leaky gut syndrome and there are many sources talking about it. From my readings, a blood test can indicate whether the intestines are allowing toxins, feces and other waste into the bloodstream. If the leaky gut syndrome information is legitimate, then it can take sometimes a year or more for the weakened areas of the intestines to heal themselves, thus not allowing garbage to be leaked into our bloodstream. A proper, sustained diet is key, but internal cleanses and restoration of good bacteria with probiotics, etc..., are helpful in the early stages to get things headed in the right direction. Again, that's making the assumption that the information is accurate. I'm still not ready to say that it is or isn't.

A question for you and others: What criteria are you guys using to determine that your breath is better or worse after a particular attempt is made to improve it, i.e. brushing teeth, brushing tongue, surgical operations, internal cleanses, a different toothpaste or mouthwash, etc... Thanks, Steve

Old 07-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #127
Inactive
(female)

gort HB User

I'd like to make a few points. First, the FDA disclaimer on natural health products "not intended to prevent, treat or cure disease" came out of a law that the FDA passed. (The FDA has the authority to pass laws without scrutiny of congress). The law states that only a drug can prevent, treat or cure a disease. They did this to please the drug companies and weaken the alternative medicine industry.

To Leaky Gut. The gut lining cannot be repaired without taking an l-glutamine supplement. Even if you kill a substantial amount of yeast, it can come back while their are still tiny holes and thin spots in the lining of the intestines. Glutamine is used by the intestinal mucosa to repair itself and is deficient in people with intestinal problems, ie. digestion, bad breath. Glutamine is also used in gluconeogenesis to make glucose for the brain, thereby reducing cravings for sweets/alcohol. If someone craves sweets or carbs that turn into sugar quickly, it is a sure sign of either glutamine shortage or a yeast overgrowth (they eat sugar) or a combo of both.

The anti-fungal herbs will help to kill the yeast but do nothing to remove the residual toxins (fermaldehyde, acetaldehyde) left behind by the dead yeast. So, in addition to the herbs, these supplements are necessary:

*L-glutamine (Increases NK cells-Natural Killer cells to fight the yeast; repairs intestines)
*NAC (N-Acetyl-Cysteine helps remove the specific toxins
*Pantethine (Active precursor to co-enzyme A for phase II detoxification)
*Biotin (5000 mcg stops yeast from growing rhizoids which stab holes in gut)
*molybdenum/copper/zinc/ (Must be iron free mineral supplement) For removal of yeast toxins.

I too had very little improvement with the anti-candida formulas/cleanses until I found out about the above combo of yeast toxin and gut repair. Now, I see results after a week of the above supplements, tongue is much more pink. Only a little white stuff at the back. It has receded dramatically, used to be white all the way to the front of the tongue.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #128
(male)

SteveGn HB User

Thanks for the info gort.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #129
(male)

noptical HB User

oceanside,
glad to hear that you are still going well, it seems the tung brush worked very well for you; I hope it works for me too, I ordered one yesterday.
I also ordered some kind of "mints" that are used to moist the mouth if you have a dry mouth problem. I don't really have a dry mouth problem, its just that my mouth sometimes feels it is a little dry and especially the back of my tongue (where most of that white stuff is) and the little amounts of saliva that are left are kind of "foamy" (don't know how to describe). I'll try it and tell you if it works.
How dry is your mouth? Is it completely dry or is just your saliva lessened?

Old 07-16-2006, 12:51 AM   #130
(female)

victim00 HB User

hi tinker, ocean and all, been a while since i log in, rather busy lately, glad that u r doing well with the tung brush ocean, i tried to order but it seems they do not ship overseas ... well, its ok guess i would have to try alternative methods, i seems to have a very white coated tongue, even after i brush my tongue, could it be a candida infection, am tempted to see the doctor about this ... ocean, u have tried a candida treatment before, do u think i should?

tinker, best of luck in ur treatment and do keep us updated

Old 07-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #131
(male)

oceanside HB User

Hi, Guys; Nop, Victm & Tinkrbll.
I just got back from L.A. yesterday. I had a great time visiting my friends. Yup, the tung brush has really helped me. By now, it has been a month and judging from the reactions of others, my condition remains positive. During the long flight to L.A., a passinger was talking to me and he was not offended at all. It was really nice to be able to have a normal conversation with people. However, due to my extremely dry mouth, bacteria quickly regenerate in my mouth, especially after a meal. Intermittently, I need to use my nasal spray for relief b/c my congestion is so bad. The meds further increases dry mouth b/c of side effects. So I only use it for emergency. It defeats the purpose but I guess when living with chronic BB, I had to learn how to cope n tolerate with things that can drive a person to a point of depression. Nopical, my mouth is Mohave Dessert dry buddy. I gues the combinations of nasal congestion and diebettes, n whole bunch of other cr*p, my situation is overwhelming. I think I will ask my dr. for meds to help increase saliva. I have to admit, dealing w diebettes is hard b/c i m hungry, tired, and dehydrated most of the day. I can't eat like b4 to keep my energy up. I guess God may have been merciful on me b/c I don't know how i wld b able to deal with life if my BB persisted 24/7 w/o artifical relief by using the tung brush n diebetes. I don't want to sound like Im throwing a pity party for myself, but I m just "tired" of dealing w my conditions/illneses. O well... life goes on.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #132
(male)

oceanside HB User

Hi, Victim;
Sorry you couldn't order the tung brush. What a bummer! Maybe if you have a friend or relative in the US, you can ship it to them and they can ship it to you via international mail? I know that's a task but desperation drives a person to do crazy things. If you are thinking a/b the Candida treatment, read Gort's posting. Really think hard a b it b c the meds are very expensive. You gotta be very lucky to find the right meds to help alleviate your symptoms, if indeed you have candida. I kinda knew I didnt have candida, but i was soo desperate for a cure/remedy. I had nothing to lose, just more money I don't have. But don't stop trying to find help. I used to spend a b $60-$100 a month re-ordering mouthwash, sprays, and BB products via internet. Now that the tung brush is helping me, more than any stuff i used, I have an extra $60 a month to spend on other things. Oh, I forgot, I now have my diebetes meds and glucose testing strips to buy each month, great. Victim, try the tung brush first. It's less than $5. If that doesn't help you than go on to the next plan. I would buy several and ship it to you if I could. But we wld b violating the rules on this thread. I hope you are doing the best you can w your circumstances. Keep us posted. Bye.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #133
(male)

oceanside HB User

GORT,
From what you described regarding LGS, and the combinations of L-glutamine, NAC, Pantethine, Biotin, and molydgenum, how has your condition been doing since the introduction of these chemicals in your system and were you a sufferer of chronic bad breath? If you were/are, how's your progress? These suppliments sounds very expensive. Recently, I was diagnosed w diabetes. So natually, my system has a hard time w sugar/carbohydrates. LGS interfers w diabetes? If you visit this site, please respond.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:42 PM   #134
(male)

Spits32 HB User

I have had chronic bad breath since puberty. I am now 21 and still have the same symptoms as pretty much everyone else, post nasal drip, bad taste, difficulty breathing. I just saw my physician who referred me to the ENT who told me today that I have a deviated septum and an enlarged terbinate. He wants to schedule me for surgery in August and says it is a very common procedure. I am hoping this is the cause of the post nasal drip and subsequently my bad breath. If you guys have the same problem breathing through the sinuses I would urge you to see your local ENT. I will most definitely keep you guys posted with what happens with the surgery.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:56 PM   #135
(female)

chloe_123 HB User

Spits,
My ENT said the same thing - deviated septum and enlarged terbinates. Same symptoms as you. I had to move my surgery into the Fall until after I recover from having a baby. I'm hoping this will be the cure for me as well. I've been to a Gasterenterologist and he did an endoscopy and found nothing, several dentists say my teeth are fine so this is my last hope. Let me know everything you can tell me about your surgery. Thanks, Chloe

Closed Thread