It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
(female)

angelik_pistol HB User
swimming in the head

ive had this swimming in my head ever since i was very little and i have no clue what it could be, ive been tested for all sorts of things, ive had mri's and eeg's and no one can figure out what it is. i also have anxiety attacks but they started in my teen years and this vertigo like sensation that goes on 24/7 and does not stop at all has been going on my entire life. docs have been switching my diagnosis of depression to bipolar and back to depression several times so im not sure what i have there, but im not sure this is linked to my mental diseases at all.... if anyone has any ideas please let me know. i have a family history of epilepsy but so far my tests have come back normal.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
Re: swimming in the head

Hi,

The swimming in the head feeling--would you also describe it as feeling spacey/disconnected...like youre body is here , but you feel disconnected from the world. If yes....I have had the same thing for 7 years with no diagnosis. The inner ear board is a good board to go to and ask questions--a lot of people there have this problem and have been diagnosed with inner ear problems. I have gone through all of the testing for that as well, still with no help. If you have any other questions--im open to answering anything--its very frustrating to feel like this I know.

schao

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
(female)

angelik_pistol HB User
Re: swimming in the head

yes ive seen an ear nose and throat doctor and theyve said theres nothing wrong with me there. yes it does feel sorta disconnected like the world is a video game and not really real, sometimes things worsen and things seem distorted. but the lightheadedness is there constantly.

Closed Thread