It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
(male)

moesciphish HB User
non-anxiety tremors?

Anyone know what could be causing these? I used to think it was my anxiety, but I've gotten a control on that and my whole body at times seems to pulsate and when I hold my hands out, 1 or more of my fingers shake and my whole hand shakes... I can't keep it still even if I try... I've felt this in my legs also.. other feelings are anxiety out of nowhere, horrible back pains, muscle twitching, joint aches, muscle aches, I have gastroparesis (slow gastric emptying) and sinus arrhythmia (mainly tachycardia). I've been to a cardio and had a nuclear stress and echo, and he says my heart is not damaged.. though I do have some abnormalities in my EKG's... I've been to a gastroenterologist, had a EGD done and no ulcers or other stomach problems.. just slow emptying and alot of belching... could this be a neurological problem? I've had thyroid tests also, no sign of a difference. Or does it sound more psychosomatic? I have had panic attacks but that was when I was having this unexplained anxiety. I've also had them in the night where I would be having a bad dream and wake up with my heart racing and not being able to calm down for awhile. It first started out of the blue one night when I woke up feeling panicked and had to use the restroom... I then couldn't calm down for about 2 hours before I fell back to sleep. Other symptoms that have come about are my hands, feet, and nose get FREEZING cold at times.. no cyanosis like raynaud's.. but very white and very cold. Also I get strange tingling sensations in my feet and chest... I've also lost about 24 lbs in less than 2 months... some do to diet changes, ie no more soda, no alcohol, and eating less for awhile due to gastroparesis... but some I can't explained. I also had a CT of abdomen and pelvis which showed everything ok. I guess what worries me the most is the out of it feeling, the feeling like I'm going to just collapse out of fatigue sometimes, and the tremors which do not seem to be only from anxiety... when I get out of it feeling, lying down and resting, watching TV seems to help sometimes... any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: non-anxiety tremors?

I am thinking low sugar levels. Of course it could be anxiety and your not acknowledging it. Sorry I could not be much help

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 05-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
(female)

kidd123 HB User

Hi there Moe...you have quite a list of symptoms. Have you ever been tested for autoimmune diseases like Fibromyalgia or Lupus? No one here can diagnose you, but your symptoms are similiar to what I have. You might check with your family dr. On another note, I have had some of the same trouble with waking at night, and found a simple remedy--magnesium. It is the "calming mineral" and the 2nd most prevalent found in all of our cells, after potassium. Taking this supplement has helped me in so many ways. The brand that I take is Daily Foods and it is a natural form of magnesium. There are some forms that don't work, like magnesium oxide and hydroxide, & that is why I like the natural type. It works so well, that I don't have to take it every day, just when I am under stress. I hope that you find some answers. Take care & God bless!

Old 05-28-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
(male)

moesciphish HB User

I've had antinuclear antibody tests that have come back negative.. now my symptoms seem to be getting worse... at rest or after sleep I feel ok for awhile, then once I become active I get HORRIBLE joint/muscle aches, headaches, my eyes become bloodshot... well not completely but the arteries in my eyes become very large and obvious... I was wondering maybe a blood disease of some sort? Last night I woke up and my whole body felt like it was on fire... though I haven't really been running a fever. My blood pressure has been around 120/75... and my vitals seem ok... anyone experience this or know what it could be? I'm thinking because of my gastroparesis I may have malnutrition of some sorts but my symptoms seem so much worse... it's like my body isn't getting the nutrients or blood it needs...and the strange sensations makes me think some kind of arterial disease maybe or nerve damage? And as far as low blood sugar.. I've had multiple blood tests, including complete metabolic... would low blood sugar show up or is there a specific test for that?

Last edited by moesciphish; 05-28-2006 at 10:42 AM.

Closed Thread