It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
(female)

jhamilton401 HB User
Constantly have a dry raw feeling throat. HELP

My throat is constantly raw feeling. Its not like a sore throat its like its constantly dried out and raw feeling even if I drink tons and tons of liquids all day it still feels that way.
Especially I get a burning raw feeling in my ears and down the sides of my throat when I swallow.
I have noticed lately that I have problems eating ice cream. After eating say half a bowl of ice cream my throat clogs and drinking something, water, pop or whatever to wash it down makes it worse for a minute then I get that saw burning raw feeling in my throat.
Like right now I just drank a warm Sunkist pop, I just got them home from the grocery store and haven't got them cold and I got that raw burning feeling, then I took a drink of water then my husbands fountain drink pop with ice to see if cold would help and it didn't. I have this burning in my throat and I can feel it in my ears the worst.
Does anyone else ever feel this way? What is it? What can I do?

Old 06-01-2006, 04:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

aswander HB Useraswander HB User
Re: Constantly have a dry raw feeling throat. HELP

Acid Reflux, I think your symptoms are of the sub-type LPR (larygopharyngeal reflux). Please visit the Acid Reflux message board to investigate your symptoms. LPR is treatable with 2 doses of a PPI each day (Nexium, Aciphex, Prevacid).

LPR is acid reflux expressing itself in the throat, so it is not GERD. Most LPR patients do not get heartburn. Instead, their "burn" is in the throat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread