It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

lars2005 HB User
When i sit on office chairs my feet go cold

Ive tried many mnay computer/office chairs, all force my feet and some of my legs to sometimes tingle and to go cold. The feet actually get cold and I dont know why.

I currently sit on a broken chair which i turned around and ripped off the back so its like a still. This doesnt make my feet cold but does hurt my back.

Ive tried a ton of computer chairs from $50-$250 and they are all the same.

I am also about 6'3" and about 340lbs.

any tips/

Old 06-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: When i sit on office chairs my feet go cold

the cold feet is mo0re than likely from lack of circulation. As for finding a good chair all I can really say is good luck

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello there,

Perhaps if you elevated your feet on a small foot rest, this might help. Just an idea.

Take care

goldenwings

Old 06-05-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
(female)

Precious27 HB User

Yes, goldenwings is right, it is important to have the feet at the same height as the hipbone, so if you can find something to lay your legs on straight while sitting, it will keep the circulation normal and your feet should not tingle and go cold anymore...

Old 06-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

NitroChic HB User

Vinny,

The company I work for is really big on workplace injury prevention. We all have adjustable foot rests that even pivot forward and backward so that you can work your feet and calves while working. You have to get your knees, whether bent or straight the same height as your hips. And not by putting your feet on the legs of the chair. You need to get a footrest. You can also go to the local Medical Equipment, Hospital Equipment store and get support socks. You can get the old faithfull T.E.D. hose, or go with Jobst socks. All colors and sizes with several levels of compression. I use them BC my feet swell sometimes. Just a a precaution against those gorgeous vericose veins.

Last edited by NitroChic; 06-05-2006 at 07:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

lars2005 HB User

so you huys think its circulation.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:13 AM   #7
(male)

Hannigaholic HB User

Indeed when things go cold it tends to be circulation

Personally I have my legs going slightly numb in most chairs, because I'm also tall and overweight, and so the parts of my legs that hang off the end of the chair droop down and the blood supply can get restricted

My point is that it's probably nothing 'serious' - though losing weight should help with the circulation (it has helped me a bit anyway)

Old 06-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #8
(female)

Ga Lady HB User

My feet and legs do the same thing. I have poor circulation. I Keep my chair up as high as it will go. (I am 5'7") and then I rest my feet on something so they aren't dangling. Mine will even turn purplish/blue so I know its circulation. When I am here at home, it's worse but at work, I get up and down alot at my desk to keep from swelling or having the "tingly" sensations. (got a fat phone book or two around?) stack 'em up and put them under your deck Hee Hee! You wouldn't believe the things I've used for this. Also, if you aren't asprin sensitive, take a baby asprin a day...keep them clots away!

Old 06-11-2006, 10:03 AM   #9
(male)

sodhilogin HB User

There could be one more problem. Please see if some A.C vent is directly pointed to your legs or feet. It is possible that due to continious blowing of cold air to the feet or legs, this type of pain can occur.

I had faced with a similar problem. I was able to solve the problem by wearing shoes so that the cool air didn't hit my naked feet directly.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:19 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

lars2005 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodhilogin
There could be one more problem. Please see if some A.C vent is directly pointed to your legs or feet. It is possible that due to continious blowing of cold air to the feet or legs, this type of pain can occur.

I had faced with a similar problem. I was able to solve the problem by wearing shoes so that the cool air didn't hit my naked feet directly.

well it only happens with the chairs, I have like a stool which is not that bad and I dont get to much pain or anything, I think im just to heavy, Il loose the weight.

Closed Thread