It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
(female)

LOtRsfan HB User
just wondering how woman smell so nice

Hi, i'm also a girl, but i'm wondering how some woman smell so nice? I mean when I am sitting some where and then a woman/girl stranger sits next to me, i can always smell a nice whiff of their perfume or their hair scent. in fact i'm not sure where the nice smell comes from whether it's the smell of the hair products they use, or it's a perfume and i was also wondering how womans/girls perfumes manage to keep them smelling nice all day long? also how do people's freshly nice smelling laundered clothes smell nice all the time, even when they wear them lots of the time, their clothes always manage to smell so nice. I wash my hair with shampoos and my hair smells like the shampoo or styling product for a while but then the smell wears off in the day, whilst other people's probably don't. And i wear perfume but then in the day i sometimes can't smell it on me, but then i don't know if others can smell the perfume, maybe not. and when my clothes are washed, they smell nice of washing powder or or the clothes softener stuff or whatever it's called the first day i wear the laundered clothes, but then when i wear the trosaurs or something the next day, i can't smell the scent on my clothes, where there's other people's clothing that can smell nice for about 5 days without washing them or something. lol you probably think this is silly, but i would like to smell nice all day long, and not just for a while. does anyone else get this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
(female)

TheMamaLisa HB User
Re: just wondering how woman smell so nice

Lol, this question is definatly drew my attention because of the title. I always wondered the same thing, although I dont wear perfume and wont. Even though I do nothing to smell good on purpose people comment all day how I smell so clean and like berries. I started using Downy liquid fabric softener and I let my shirts air dry. It keeps them smelling fresh all day. As for people wearing clothes a couple times and having them smell good I dont think is possible. But I would throw my item in the dryer with a good smelling dryer sheet, then you could have fresh smelling clothes the next day too. As for the hair smelling good. Well I think it stays like that until the hair drys then you cant smell the products as much. My hair is very long and thick so it is basically wet all day therefor I can smell my berry shampoo and conditioner all day. Also I dont smoke and smoking will take away that good smell as well. I know alot of my friends that do wear perfume freshen up in the afternoon during lunch so that would be why some women smell like perfume all day.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:39 AM   #3
(female)

LOtRsfan HB User

thank you so much TheMamaLisa. i'll have to get my mum to buy this Downy liquid fabric softener that's if it's available in our supermarket and not so expensive. And i don't smoke nor drink either so it wouldn't be that smell that's drowning out all the smell from shampoos/conditioners or perfume and fabric conditioner. about throwing your clothes into the dryer with a scented dryer sheet, i have to be careful coz the dryer could make my clothes shrink so i try to avoid it and my parents might not what to insert a scented dryer sheet into the dryer. I do place my just washed clothes out of the line so that they air dry coz they smell more fresher though.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:23 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User

Just an idea - you probably do smell nice all day long as well, and the ladies sitting next to you are probably asking themselves the same question you are asking here.

I find that after awhile, you become accustomed to your own nice scent, and therefore do not smell it - but other people still can. hehe, I was just thinking of my fiance, he can still smell baby powder on me at night before we go to bed... but I never smell it for more than the first 5 minutes after I apply it (my underarm deoderant is baby powder scented - gotta love Dove ).

I think that if you actually could smell your own perfumes/colognes all day long then you probably have applied too much. A guy I went to school with, used to use - and i am not exaggerating - a half a bottle of cologne every morning for the same reason, he could not smell it and therefore thought no one else could. But boy, was it hard to stand around him. It was too strong a scent - but to him it was just right as you become accustomed to it.

Did that make sense? I hope so lol

Last edited by Angela22F; 06-09-2006 at 04:24 AM.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #5
(female)

TheMamaLisa HB User

I dont dry my clothes on hot since they will shrink. You just throw it in on air dry with the dryer sheet. The dryer sheets dont actually make the dryer smell, just the clothes in there. Like the last poster said you probly do smell nice all day you just cant smell yourself, lol.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

I love the smell of freshly laundered clothing since most perfumes actually cause me to have migraines. I use Downy both the liquid and the dryer sheets. It's probably overkill but I just love the smell when opening a dresser drawer a week later and the scent is still there!

What I don't like is folks who bathe in perfume or cologne. I used to work with a gal who would spritz herself with Vanilla musk every single time she used the restroom. It was so strong you could smell her literally walking down the hallway from 20 feet or so!

I think as mentioned, we get used to our own colognes or other scents so after a while so you don't notice it. When I do use perfume, and very sparingly, I notice the scent is still on my clothing just prior to putting them in the laundry, so the scent does stay.. we just don't notice

Old 06-11-2006, 02:00 AM   #7
(female)

lindeelouky HB User

You just can't smell yourself, we are all like that. If you want, ask a good friend to smell you and let you know what you smell like! Sometimes you can make clothes smell fresh by putting something in your underwear drawer, such as a bar of soap (does more good than sitting on a closet waiting to be used) , a sheet of fabric softner or an empty bottle of cologne. My mom used to do that. Also, consider spraying your scent on a handkerchef and slipping it into your purse or backpack.Be sure not to overload it and perhaps refresh it once a week. Hand lotion can keep you smelling nice, as we are always moving our hands, it will move the scent through the air.
The idea is that someone can't smell you until they are up very close, if they can smell you from across the room, you have too much scent going on.
Lotion on your body when you get out of the tub can keep you smelling nice and does not evaporate like alcohol based colognes. Curel is a great clean smell and not too expensive. Put it around your collar, and on pulse points as well as arms, legs and feet.
Enough scent ideas??? Loved your post!

Closed Thread