It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
(male)

Safar414 HB User
Bubble under left side/center of rib cage

Whoa, I've got this bubble under the left side of my rib cage. When I press it it feels like it is full of fluid and makes a wave motion and popping sound, it alos makes me nauseous when pressed. I had a heart attack in 2000 due to genetic arterial disease. Is this bubble thing serious? HELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: Bubble under left side/center of rib cage

Try and stay cool, It is more than likely gas traped. Go see a GP too make sure all is ok, I hope all I is well.
take care ...Mandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2006, 11:03 AM   #3
(male)

Safar414 HB User

Maz: Thanks! I thought it might be cardiac related or stress. There is so much stress going on in New Orleans just now. Our illness, suicide and death rate has more than doubled since Katrina, our medical resources have declined by thrice that... I can barely stand sick to the stomach feeling I get with this bubble thing... I hope it is just gas.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

safar-
With the other symptoms you are having, it might be a good idea to go to some kind of urgent care to have this thing checked instead of waiting to get in to your general care doctor. I'm not trying to worry you, but from what you described, it sounds like this bubble feels like it's full of something other than just gas/air. It sounds like there is actually some type of liquid in that bubble.

It's just my opinion that with your past medical history with the heart attack, and the bubble being basically on the side that your heart is on (more to the left of the rib cage), it's probably a good idea to get it checked sooner rather than later.

You also talk about not being able to stand because of the nausea from this bubble, so please have it checked soon. If it turns out to be gas, then at least you have that peace of mind.

Let us know what you decide and how it turns out.

Lezlee

Old 07-09-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
(male)

Safar414 HB User

In my mind gas would make the bubble hard, in this case it is squishy. I don need to note it has been going on for about 2 weeks, so it isn't going to kill me... well, unless it gets worse. I just don't want to miss work so I'm bearing the discomfort.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #6
(male)

SteveGn HB User

safar, A bulge can also mean a hernia. Nauseau can occur with this also when the area is aggravated. If you lay down, you can sometimes gently push the protrusion back into the abdominal cavity. Either way, you want to have a doctor check it out as ozzybug suggested.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I would definitely see your doc regarding this,i mean it just shouldn't be there ya know?if nothing else,he can send you for an ultrasound on it to try and determine what it actually is.this really sounds like some sort of fluid filled cyst to me.the cause,well thats kind of where your doc comes into the picture.i am just wondering about the "nausea" connection??perhaps when you push on it you are stimulating a nerve to the stomach or something?considering the location of it,this could be very possible.but at any rate,you DO need this evaluated by your doc.this could just take a little bit of needle aspiration and it will be gone,who knows.but you DO need to find out for sure just what the heck this is and more importantly,what caused it to actually form.there could possibly be other cysts there as well but you just cannot actually palpate them as they are more under the skin than this one.this is why you need, at the very least,an ultrasound,this would most definitely show if there are any other cysts there as well as this one that you can actually feel.but you need to see your doc soon to get the ball rolling for an answer.

i wish you luck and am hoping its nothing serious.people can get cysts just about anywhere for many many possible reasons,most are not a really serious type of issue,and once they are "popped' or just aspirated,they are gone forever.hopefully this will be the case with you.please let us know what you find out.FB

Closed Thread