It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
(male)

theboywonder HB User
lump near my belly button

ok yesterday i had a strange lump type thing under my stomach...close to my belly button on the right side it doesnt hurt when i oush it or anything what might that be???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
(female)

oldmom HB User
Re: lump near my belly button

Could it be a hernia? When you massage it a little, does it more or less go away? Is it hard or soft like a balloon?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
(male)

theboywonder HB User

yes when i rub on it a little bit it goes away..and most of the time it is soft but its kind hard.but it doesnt hurt.could that be a hernia//

Old 08-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #4
(female)

oldmom HB User

Sounds to me like it could be a hernia. It's not life threatening but you should have the doctor look at it as soon as possible. I'm not sure of the exact location so can't say for sure. My daughter had one at six months old on her right side; her daughter had one at three years old at her belly button, and I had one this year (70 years old) on my right side but further away from the navel. Obviously hernia don't discriminate so far as age.

If it's a hernia, it will not heal itself and the longer you wait, the worse it could get so have it checked when you can.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #5
(male)

theboywonder HB User

yeah its further away from my navel.yeah kind of like your.i will be going to the doctor for it tommorow.and i want to thank you because you migh not know but im only 15.and i lift alot of weight because i play football.but thank you much for your help.but one more question.mine sounds like its in the same area as your.and i wanted to know if i had to get surgery how long will i have to be out of extra activities???

Old 08-14-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
(female)

oldmom HB User

The doctor will have to tell you that. Your age is in your favor because you will heal so much quicker than an older person. At 69 I couldn't lift more than 10 pounds for six weeks. But my daughter at six months was jumping up and down in the crib the same day.

You just have to give it time to heal. Good luck, young man. And I am very impressed with your initiative in seeking answers to health questions.

Closed Thread