It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #1
(female)

Ms_Rican HB User
spider bite?

A few days ago, my boyfreind got bit by something. The doctor says it may be a spider bite. The area it self is bruised and has a black bubble like mark on in the middle of the bruise. You can also see that there is pooling of the blood at the top. Along with the bite itself, he experienced chills and muscle spasms along with a little difficulty breathing. It has been a few days now, the pain has somewhat subsided but he still has sharp pains in his toes almost like needles/stabbing pain.Does this match a description of a spider bite to you?

Old 09-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
(male)

kmacdona HB User
Re: spider bite?

First, when did he go to the doctor? After the problems developed? And now, after the doc visit have things seemed to subside? Did the doctor give any medication? All that's left is the tingling? Is the site still blistered or getting better? It definitely sounds like a spider bite. Maybe Brown Recluse or Black Widow? I'm not an expert. Maybe someone else can post on that. Both bites can cause those symptoms.
I would say, if the breathing is ok now, and the wound site is healing and the muscle spams are gone then eventually the tingling will subside as well. If not, go back to the doctor. Pay attention to the wound site and make sure it doesn't progress.

MaC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
(female)

Ms_Rican HB User

he went to the doctor on early sunday morning and they gave him a shot of steriod and pain killer and a drink with pain killer and numbing agent in it and sent him home with a perscription of a pain killer. The blister is still there and its black. He gets tiggling and some stabbing pain it has gotten better tho...

Old 09-08-2006, 06:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Ms._Rican. It is important to get photos of this reaction. Place something near it, like a coin or ruler, before photographing to give it size defintion. This is important documenation that may be needed later.

It could be a spider bite or a tick bite. Make sure the black mark is not a bug, although if it was hopefully the doctor would have seen it.

It if is a tick bite, he needs to get treated with antibitoics as soon as possible. Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. Although only about 50% of people who have Lyme disease ever get a bulls-eye rash, it is a definite sign of Lyme.

If you think Lyme disease is a possibility, it is very important to see a knowledgaeble doctor. Many doctors do not understand tick-borne illnesses. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. Besides Lyme disease, ticks can transmit several other co-infections.

If you would like a Lyme doctor recommendation for your area, let me know.

I hope your boyfriend feels better soon.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #5
(female)

shai`anne HB User

some spiders when they bite you they lay eggs under your skin. My nephew was bitten by one and they gave him meds and sent him home (he's 2). 1 week later no change and she went back to another hospital. They had to cut it open to make sure the spider didn't lay eggs under his skin. Go back to another dr. Those symptoms are not normal. Good luck.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #6
(female)

Ms_Rican HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shai`anne
some spiders when they bite you they lay eggs under your skin. My nephew was bitten by one and they gave him meds and sent him home (he's 2). 1 week later no change and she went back to another hospital. They had to cut it open to make sure the spider didn't lay eggs under his skin. Go back to another dr. Those symptoms are not normal. Good luck.
thank you i will take him back.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Ms_Rican. I am glad you got photos. Did he go back to the doctor?

Old 09-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #8
(female)

Ms_Rican HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker
Hi Ms_Rican. I am glad you got photos. Did he go back to the doctor?

Not yet I am going ot take him back on sunday if it has not gotten better

Closed Thread