It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
(female)

guilfu HB User
I am being paranoid. please help!

I don’t know if I need a second opinion or I am being paranoid.
27 years old
I am now 32 weeks pregnant with my second child. First pregnancy was perfect no weird symptoms, perfect vaginal delivery. 13 months ago.
This pregnancy
Symptoms about

Rapid heart rate up to 163 and about 120 at rest (laying down)
Palpitation
(Went to a cardiologist had an echo done, results where” mild mitral valve deficiency” was told “ Every thing is perfect you are healthy” OK!!!

Blood pressure average of 95/60

Back pain (dull back pain, with acute episodes)

Urine dips, always show protein and ketones (apparently not high enough to do any further testing)

I had a (at random) urine dip that showed 1000mg/ dl of glucose, I was spilling sugar in my urine, the test couldn’t mark any further (apparently another thing that doesn’t need any further testing)

Glucose finger ***** the highest 180 (Random)
Fasting of 98
2 hours after eating 138

I been having flu like symptoms, Nausea (no vomiting), light headed, dizzy

Lower & Mid back pain

Groin, Pelvic pain and pressure, Sometimes I feel like someone is stabbing my pubic area with a pencil.

Temperature of 99.5 the past week, (normal temp for me is 97.5 or so) so at 99 I feel like crap. (My doctor doesn’t consider it a fever)

When symptoms stared I went to my OB office and was treated for a UTI took Macrobid ( antibiotic ) for 10 days still feel the same.

I have been to my OB/ GYN like 5 times in the last 2 week, and “ everything is normal symptoms of pregnancy” , “Drink more water”

I just feel that something is not right, but I don’t want to be a difficult or paranoid patient.
CBC is normal slight anemia, CMP is normal. BUN is low but also “ normal for pregnancy”

Confused and scared

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
(female)

shorty03906 HB User
Re: I am being paranoid. please help!

If you feel something is not right, than maybe you should get a second opipion(sp?). You know what is right for your body. Good Luck.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:14 AM   #3
(female)

rilsam HB User
Re: I am being paranoid. please help!

I'd get a second gyn opinion if I were you. The only thing that can happen is the new doctor says there is nothing to worry about, or you were right and need additional tests. Even if it's nothing, you will get piece of mind from it, and that' worth a lot. (My 7 yr. old daughter had terrible stomach aches. Her doctor thought she was making it up. I got a second opinion and was told she has irritable bowel syndrom. I very real and painful thing when she is stressed.) Good luck.

Closed Thread