It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
(female)

l3laze HB User
Question Bone bruise?

I've been dealing with pain off & on for over 2 months now & am getting tired of it. Being the clutz that I am, I hit my own ankle with a shopping cart back in July. I turned the cart around and the bottom railing whacked the inside of my leg right above my ankle. It puffed up, bruised, and the bruise eventually went away but there's still a bit of a knot there. It also hurts when I soak in the tub or when I wear ankle socks. Is there such a thing as a bone bruise and if so how long does it usually take to heal?

Old 10-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User
Re: Bone bruise?

Yes there is. I had a similar problem. Was walking in a garden full of plants, and suddenly stepped hard and landed with the round ball bone that sticks out of your foot( What's that bone called?) hitting a sprinkler hard. The pain lasted years, but eventually it disappeared. just be patient, these things may take longer to heal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User

by years i mean about 1 year. and i got that injury when i was age 21

Old 10-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #4
(female)

storm12 HB User

Yesterday I was told that I have a bone bruise (this is like my 2nd or 3rd diagnosis now) in my foot on my fifth metatarsal - and the podiatrist couldn't tell me how long it would take to clear up. Meanwhile, it's still still painful to walk normally, and the celebrex wears off halfway through the day. I think I've had such bruises before (like the time I fell on an 8-pound handweight and had a bump and bruise on my shin for over a year) but they didn't interfere with my mobility and exercising, etc, like this has. Basically there are tiny micro fractures on the surface of the bone, and so on.

Last edited by storm12; 10-03-2006 at 03:01 PM.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:03 PM   #5
(female)

l3laze HB User

I had an x-ray done and the results were negative. So, the dr gave me Relafen, 750mg, 2 times a day. I can't do that though. The Relafen is too strong and I take 1/2 a pill at night. It knocks me out cold. The swelling is still present though and it still hurts if I sit in the tub with warm water. I also can't wear ankle socks without it causing some discomfort. I saw the dr. 2 weeks ago and she didn't give me a time frame. I have a call in to one of the nurses but am waiting on a callback. Does it usually take a very long time for healing even if there's no visible bruising now and no cracks or chips in the bone? I've also noticed that one of my veins behind my knee is showing up quite nice, which could be from the pulled hamstring I had back in July. Would this have anything to do with my ankle?

Old 10-18-2006, 12:21 PM   #6
(male)

kmacdona HB User

It could be the muscle next to the bone that is injured. (Muscles injuries don't show up on x-ray only MRI...by the way)
Try putting ice on it. Motrin will help with the inflammation which will also relieve the pain. And, try to rest it for a week. No running or jumping or extended walks.

Last edited by kmacdona; 10-18-2006 at 12:24 PM.

Closed Thread