It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
(male)

Dan89 HB User
Yellow Chunks Stuck At Back Of Mouth

Well i dont know if this is the right section but..

Its quite hard to explain.

I always get big yellow smelly chunks stuck like almsot behind the big fleshy things inside your mouth on the side.

They normally take months and months to come out but recently i have had such bad breath i have phically put my finger in my mouth behind the flesh things in your mouth and and pulled them out.

I really hate this and have no idea what it is. would some one please explain or help.. thanks..

( I brust my teeth atleast 2 times a day )

Thanks

~Dan

Old 10-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User
Re: Yellow Chunks Stuck At Back Of Mouth

Those big fleshy things are called TONSILS and those chunks that you're talking about are TONSIL STONES. There is no cure for tonsil stones, other than to get your tonsils removed. Otherwise, your only other option is to try gargling with Listerine as often as possible, but the tonsil stones will always come back, unless you get your tonsils out.

You should go see an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor (ENT) to help diagnose your problem and offer suggestions. In the meantime, you should do a web search for Tonsil Stones and you will find a ton of information about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
(male)

Dan89 HB User

Thanks for the reply..

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to prevent tonsil stones or anyways that will help apart from getting your tonsils out?

Thx.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User

I already told you, go see an ENT doctor and get some REAL suggestions, because anything you may get from people on here is going to be an opinion or a guess, at best. Only a doctor can give you ideas that would possibly work.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
(female)

dramaquin HB User

Dan, that yellow stuff you mentioned is it hard and smelly? If that is what it is then it's tonsil stone. What I understand is that if you didn't have your tonsil remove, these stones will appear very often.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #6
(female)

dramaquin HB User

There is a method I get my tonsil stone out. I use a clean straw and a flashlight. Facing the mirror I checked where the stone is located and whether is it possible to reach. Then I make sure the straw I use is clean and I wash it with vinegar just to kill any bateria. I will place the straw over the stone and give the straw a little push. The stone will pop up easily into the straw. I find using your finger is much harder and you'll end up gagging. I also heard that having bad breath is due to these tonsil stones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan89
Thanks for the reply..

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to prevent tonsil stones or anyways that will help apart from getting your tonsils out?

Thx.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:13 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

onemorething HB User

Dan -

Yes this is just an opinion and personal experience ( ) but in the event you want some more of that............

I got these in the 1980's. For about a year or two. I'd just learned my own tricks for getting rid of them when they stopped. I did not have my tonsils out. Maybe they will come back. But since it's been over 20 years since I've had one, I'm not all that concerned about it.

So maybe they always do come back. But so far that's not been my experience.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #8
(female)

bubbers1 HB User

I get them to. I use Q tips to remove them, by pushing on the tonsil near the stone. Then they usually come out. They are horriable!!

Old 10-16-2006, 12:21 AM   #9
(male)

Dan89 HB User

Ok thanks for the advice guys I will go see a doctor ASAP

Thx

Dan

Old 10-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #10
(female)

kesae HB User

Thats funny because I always see my dad doing that. -his name is Dan too-He just uses a barbeque skewer but I think thats dangerous. I'll tell him to try a straw.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:32 AM   #11
(female)

catwomen5 HB User

Hi everyone! I always wondered what these gross little things were! Finally an answer! I want to share with you all!! My daughter bought a water pic and I used it last night, and all the yucky stones seem to come out! I pointed it to the crevices in my tonsils and the water got into those crevises and pushed them out. I'll be using this water pic all the time now, instead of trying to pick them out myself and making my tonsils bleed. Hope this works for you! And lets hope our bad breath gets better!

Old 10-31-2006, 10:25 AM   #12
(female)

june_gemini HB User

Wow, I thought I was the only one with those disgusting little buggers. I've been using a tooth pick to pop them out, the straw sound much safer. Thanks.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #13
(female)

catwomen5 HB User

Hi, found an excellent safe method for removing tonsil stones. I use a water pick. I pointed the water stream to the back of my throat and the stone came right out! I've tried if twice and the second time it was all cleared up!

Good luck! Doreen

Old 11-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #14
(female)

gwen2006 HB User

hey folks,

i also get tonsil stones. just discovered what they were after googling it about a month ago. i'm a physician (internal medicine) and its funny that i had never heard of them before. they're obviously not common to internists b/c i was never taught anything about them, but at the same time not so uncommon to the public after checking out these websites.

i'm just curious about the size of other people's tonsil stones. mine are almost the size of a small tooth or half a tooth. so i'm wondering if a water pic is going to help me. i usually use my finger to pop them out when i see them starting to grow. my tonsils have HUGE crevices in them. but i can't see myself getting a tonsillectomy any time soon.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:17 PM   #15
(female)

My last nerve HB User
Lightbulb Re: Yellow Chunks Stuck At Back Of Mouth

Hehe,

I used to get those too! I used to use toothpicks to get them out. About a year ago, I had my tonsils out and that was it for me (so far).

What are they though? I used to think it was food getting trapped up there somehow but could it be something else?

Closed Thread