It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2006, 06:06 AM   #1
(female)

Carena HB User
Post Dark eye circles cause by liver toxisity...

I heard that dark eye circles is a symptom of either liver/kidney toxicity or parasites in the system. I asked people about it that operate a fasting retreat in Thailand, a very good one, and that's what they said. I just wanted to know what else others heard about this. I think it does make sense. I got dark circles after living in Russia for several months, where the air is polluted and food is full of toxins- I heard if a cow dies they still sell the meat on the markets.

Last edited by Carena; 10-17-2006 at 08:44 AM.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:13 AM   #2
(male)

kmacdona HB User
Re: Dark eye circles cause by liver toxisity...

Dark circles under the eyes are from changes in the blood vessels. It could sometimes be froma chronic skin condition like atopic eczema. Which the later being more common to people with darker skin color. It could also be hereditary or from a lack of sleep. But, I've never heard it be a symptom of liver problems.
My wife had cirrhosis and never had circles under her eyes. Besides the liver doesn't release toxins back into the blood unless it is in liver failure and at that point I wouldn't worry about circles under the eyes. Allergies to air pollen or exposure to sunlight can cause dark circles under the eyes.

And you also said:
Quote:
I heard if a cow dies they still sell the meat on the markets
It would be hard to eat a cow while it was alive. LOL :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 08:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Dark circles under the eyes can also be "allergic shiners". Many people with allergies get them.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
(female)

Kharma HB User

My own experience with dark circles - I used to have very dark circles under my eyes, for over 20-30 years. I'm very fair skinned and I would look like a raccon at times. I quit smoking almost 3 years ago, started dieting and watching what I ate, gave up caffeine and pop.

Getting rid of the dark circles wasn't a goal when I did all that but something worked because I don't have dark circles or puffiness under my eyes at all anymore. I don't know if it was quitting smoking, eating better or drinking lots of water. I also take fish and flaxseed oils daily. I wonder in my case if there wasn't some dehydration going on all those years between smoking, excessive caffeine (pop) and hardly drinking any water.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:27 AM   #5
(female)

Carena HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacdona
It would be hard to eat a cow while it was alive. LOL :-)
No what I meant is that when a cow dies from a DISEASE for example, its meat is being sold. In other contries the cow is being KILLED in order to be eaten and if it dies from a sickness its meat isnt sold because it releases a lot of toxins.

Ok, thanks for the feedback everyone.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
(male)

kmacdona HB User

I know. I was being a little funny. :-)

Closed Thread