It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User
I'm really upset... can someone please give me advice?

Here is my story:

Three years ago I began getting pain in my back and neck. I don't think I went to the doctor about it, so I just lived like that. About a year later I got strep throat every month for 10 months in a row. That was unexplained, too. So I went to an ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) doctor and he gave me an allergy medecine which cleared it up. In fact, I haven't really even gotten strep since. Over the past year I have been getting more and more symptoms:

stomach pain
achiness
soreness
anorexia (very very close to starving myself)
panic attacks
back pain
chest pain
breathlessness
numbness
confusion
constipation
depression
difficulty concentrating
dizziness
muscle twitches
fatigue
hallucinations
headaches/migrains
joint pain
knee pain- makes it hard to walk
muscle aches
nausea
motion sickness
neck pain
heart palpitations
PMS
OCD
waking up in the middle of the night
speech errors
stiff neck
jaw pain
poor circulation in hands

I've been getting more and more symptoms. It's really bad. I forgot to say...when my only symptoms were the back/neck pain and strep I went to an orthopedist. He didn't find anything, but I went to physical therapy and it didn't help. A few months ago I went to a cardiologist and she didn't find anything wrong with my heart. They just said I was dehydrated and to go to a PSYCOLOGIST! I was really upset. I literally cried for an hour. . My parents don't believe me. Nobody believes me. Except me. I feel horrible almost all the time. And to have nobody believe you when you feel this bad, is the worst feeling you could ever have. It's really hard. I'm so young. I shouldn't have to deal with this- especially by myself. I know that I have to search for the answers that I need. But since I can't drive and my mom doesn't believe me I always have to beg her to take me. I'm so scared that she's going to stop taking me to doctors. The other day I went to a neurologist (my idea). I told him that I really believe that I have Lyme Disease. He laughed at me and kept telling me that I don't have it. Then he starts saying that even people who have Lyme can be on meds for months and not get any better. So, he doesn't thing Lyme exists. When he said that I started crying. I've met so many people on the message boards who are suffering and it makes me to mad that there are people that don't even believe it. I wanted to punch him. Hard. And I should've. All he had to say was that I have depression and severe OCD. I agree with the OCD, but he thinks that I have OCD because I wrote down the symptoms that I have. I wrote them so that when I was at the appointmet I wouldn't forget what they are. That is not abnormal. But he is testing me for this thing for migrains. Something like that. It's just so upsetting. I absolutely, positevely KNOW that I have Lyme Disease. I know it. But nobody believes me. I'm starting to think that I'm never going to get better. Can someone please give me advice? I really need someone to talk to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User
Re: I'm really upset... can someone please give me advice?

One more thing, I have a borderline high amount of ANAs (antinuclear antibodies). It was found through a blood test.The doc wanted me to retake it, so I did this morning.

Last edited by Aquaticgirl; 10-17-2006 at 02:29 PM.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

bump

Old 10-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
(male)

Ramzes HB User

Listen to some nice music and sing the lyrics.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #5
(male)

Ramzes HB User

Do you excercise if not consider that. And make sure you do it on a sunny day. Take a bike and ride for 30 minutes 3 times a week. Make sure you do it when it is sunny and nice weather. With this eat fruits and vegitables before and after riding bike, drink plenty of milk and sing rap. You will be more than happy at least 3 times a week. Also try not to stress much and feel relaxed. Try to make everything that you do everyday more beneficial to yourself. Try to feel satisfaction out of the things you do and feel like you accomplish something every day. Dont think too much, try to relax and go with the flow. I hope this helps.

Closed Thread