It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
(male)

Taskmster4 HB User
vein Problem

Hey Im recently accuring veins that are sticking out on my inner thigh and on my legs. Anyone know the cause of this.Im 5' 10" 250 I have gained like 20-25 lbs in the past 23 yrs. Could this be the cause of it and if so If I lose the weight will they go away. Thanks for any help

Old 11-04-2006, 06:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: vein Problem

did this just 'happen" one day or has it been a rather slow onset over time? do those veins appear to be much thicker than the normal?at the very least,this should be evaluated by your doc for a possible DVT type situation.DVT is deep vein thrombosis,or'blood clotting within the the veins.my ortho thought i may have had this shortly after i had a knee surgery as the pain was much more than i should have been having in my legs.tho i also have a condition called RSD which is in itself extremely painful,i have a vaso motor malfunction in both legs due to spinal cord injury.but the situation was totally unreleated to all of that.what he did was just send me for a simple ultrasound done on the veins within both legs just to make sure i had no clotting going on inside any of my veins.this is the test that you really should have done.it would be able to tell whether or not there is anything actually going on in your veins.

considering your wieght tho i am not too sure just how easily this would be able to be done on you,but there are other types of testing they can do as well.the ultrasound is simply the quickest and easiest way to go if possible.

this really does need to be looked at by your doc tho,very soon if possible.if there is indeed some sort of DVT it can cause a multitude of other major medical problems,so this is why you need to have this done very soon.

there could be other possible reasons for the sudden prominance of your veins tho.sooo,just seeing your doc and having him or her take it from there would really be in your best interest at this point.hopefully this is just normal for you and not something more ominous.please just see your doc and then let me know what you find out,K? good luck,FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread