It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
(male)

mhtbg HB User
Question Hard Lump Right Under Clavicle Center of Chest

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what this might be. The other day I was taking a shower and noticed a hard lump directly underneath/below my right clavicle (collarbone) near the center of my chest. It's not part of my skin, as moving my skin doesn't move the lump. The lump is smooth and has smooth, non-irregular edges. It does not move and it does not hurt, and it doesn't seem soft or tender. It's about 1.5 to 2 cm in diameter. I don't remember it being there before.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this may be? Thanks.

Last edited by mhtbg; 11-12-2006 at 09:34 AM.

Old 11-12-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User
Re: Hard Lump Right Under Clavicle Center of Chest

Many people just have bony areas. However, you would need to check to see if there is one like it on the other side. The other thing to check for is if you have hair follicles in the area that may have become ingrown. I assume you are male by the left side identification on this site

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
(male)

mhtbg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merimac
Many people just have bony areas. However, you would need to check to see if there is one like it on the other side. The other thing to check for is if you have hair follicles in the area that may have become ingrown. I assume you are male by the left side identification on this site
Hi, There is not one like it on the other side, and it wasn't there before, and it isn't part of the skin, as it doesn't move when I move the skin. Yes, I'm a male. Thanks.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User

Get to the doctor. One never knows what may be going on in ones body.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:57 AM   #5
(male)

mhtbg HB User

I just remembered more information about this: about a month ago also, I felt something soft like a pimple, but it was deep in the skin (dermis). I went to pop it, and it did, but not from the outside. It definitely popped/erupted from within/under the skin. Could the puss from this pimple or whatever it was have infected the underlying tendons or muscle somehow, and may be that's why I have a hard lump there now?

I do remember there being pain there a month ago, but I felt no lump of any kind, and the pain was deep-feeling.

The lump has not grown in size for the past three weeks.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhtbg
I just remembered more information about this: about a month ago also, I felt something soft like a pimple, but it was deep in the skin (dermis). I went to pop it, and it did, but not from the outside. It definitely popped/erupted from within/under the skin. Could the puss from this pimple or whatever it was have infected the underlying tendons or muscle somehow, and may be that's why I have a hard lump there now?

I do remember there being pain there a month ago, but I felt no lump of any kind, and the pain was deep-feeling.

The lump has not grown in size for the past three weeks.
Definitely see a doctor. I had a small pimple-like bump under the skin in my arm. My boyfriend tried to pop it, and it popped beneath the skin but nothing came out. Well, months went by and it kept growing and growing. Eventually it had to be surgically removed. It was hard, and when they removed it it was some form of a cyst. Eventually it began to be painful after a few months.

It was not dangerous and was more annoying than anything, but you don't want to mess around with this sort of thing.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:59 PM   #7
(male)

mhtbg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7
Definitely see a doctor. I had a small pimple-like bump under the skin in my arm. My boyfriend tried to pop it, and it popped beneath the skin but nothing came out. Well, months went by and it kept growing and growing. Eventually it had to be surgically removed. It was hard, and when they removed it it was some form of a cyst. Eventually it began to be painful after a few months.

It was not dangerous and was more annoying than anything, but you don't want to mess around with this sort of thing.
Was the cyst part of the skin or was it subcutaneous? Was the cyst hard and non-moveable?

Now that I looked at the location of my lump some more, it is directly over the manubrium at the junction where the clavicle "connects" to it. It is too high on my chest for it to be a breast tumor (men's ducts and lobes are lower on the chest), and it is probably not a lymph node (sternal nodes are lower; around 2nd rib and lower), so I'm unsure what this may be. I have a doctor's appointment to probably get an ultrasound of it on Dec. 7.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:18 AM   #8
(male)

mhtbg HB User

April, Was your hard lump immovable and fixed to your muscle/bone?

Old 12-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
(male)

mhtbg HB User

I've been measuring this lump for over 15 days now, and it has definitely not grown. It hasn't really shrunk, however, but as long as it hasn't grown, I'm not too worried about. I still plan on seeing my doctor to have n MRI or CT of it to make sure it's not anything malignant.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:44 AM   #10
(male)

collinsc HB User

Hi

check out the definition of Lipoma/ Lypoma- see if this is what you might have.

regards

Old 12-11-2006, 01:13 AM   #11
(male)

collinsc HB User

Please let us know the result!

Old 12-21-2006, 05:23 AM   #12
(male)

collinsc HB User

How did it go?

Closed Thread