It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
(male)

manlyman HB User
Bounding pulse and high blood pressure must go

For about 5 years, I have had high blood pressure. It came out of no where when I was 18. Now, at 23, my blood pressure ranges from low to high, but I notice almost a constant bounding pulse --- my pulse is very strong almost all the time, whether my pulse is 60, 80, or the normal 90 beats per minute. I am on avapro and verapamil for it, but I personally don't notice much of a difference.

The second I do any kind of activity (get up from my bed and run downstairs for a drink, for instance) my pulse hits 110 or 120 and I can hear it in my head. When I come back to my bed and lay down, I feel it in my arms, forehead, etc.... its everywhere. As a side comment, I also almost always have sweaty palms... 24/7

I've had every test to man done over the past few years.... now that I know I have BFS with my legs, I'd really like to address this final problem that has plagued me for years...

I've had the following done:

EKG's, Echocardiogram, stress test (non nuclear), 24 hour urine, 24 hour holter monitor, 24 hour blood pressure monitor, full blood work, full kidney function test, renal ultrasound.

All has come back OK. The doctors have "no reason" for my high blood pressure and bounding pulse (rapid heart rate, I find myself over 100 at times sitting down). Although more recently, since I lost weight, I would say my average resting heart rate is about 88, and I usually don't see it much over 105.

My medical doctor was right about one thing: BFS. I really really thought something was wrong with my body, but he attributed the REAL pain I was experiencing (and weakness) to BFS (I didn't know the real name at that time) before I even saw one neurologist. The second my EMG was over this past Wednesday, two days later I am feeling 99% better. My twitching is gone, almost completely, and so is my arm and leg pain. I still feel a LITTLE bit of leg pain, but no where near what it was like while I was freaking out about **S, and such. So that issue was obviously anxiety.

So does anyone have any ideas? This bounding pulse and heavy heart rate I feel is constant, and sometimes I can't even sleep because I feel my pulse going through my head. I don't want this to go on for long, cause I know a heavy and fast pulse can weaken veins and arteries over long terms, and I'm only 23!

Could this all be anxiety related? Are there any other doctors I should seek?

Thanks!

-MJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2006, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Bounding pulse and high blood pressure must go

Just what IS BFS? i have never heard of it,thats all.I was just wondering if any of your docs ever mentioned some sort of possible problem with your sympathetic nervous system?the SNS and the para sympathetic govern things like blood pressure and the way you sweat.have they ever done an MRI on the c spine area?you could possibly have something going on in there that is actually affecting the sympathetic chain that runs down along both sides of your spinal column,on the outside,so it is a bit more vulnerable.i was just wondering if any of your docs had ever thought about this as a possible cause of your symptoms?do some reasearch on the sympathetic nervous system and see what it actually governs and if you have any other possible symptoms that you never really thought of as actual symptoms of anything.its worth looking into considering your symptoms,really.let me know what you find out,good luck,FB

Old 11-27-2006, 08:00 AM   #3
(male)

manlyman HB User
Re: Bounding pulse and high blood pressure must go

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelbad
Just what IS BFS? i have never heard of it,thats all.I was just wondering if any of your docs ever mentioned some sort of possible problem with your sympathetic nervous system?the SNS and the para sympathetic govern things like blood pressure and the way you sweat.have they ever done an MRI on the c spine area?you could possibly have something going on in there that is actually affecting the sympathetic chain that runs down along both sides of your spinal column,on the outside,so it is a bit more vulnerable.i was just wondering if any of your docs had ever thought about this as a possible cause of your symptoms?do some reasearch on the sympathetic nervous system and see what it actually governs and if you have any other possible symptoms that you never really thought of as actual symptoms of anything.its worth looking into considering your symptoms,really.let me know what you find out,good luck,FB
I am a very anxious person, so they attribute it to all to that. Can anxiety have anything to do with the sympathetic nervous system? BFS can be read about on ****pedia:

[url]http://www.****pedia.org/[/url]

Stands for Benign Fasiculation Syndrome.

-Matt

Closed Thread