It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2006, 03:19 AM   #1
(male)

lewmantheman HB User
Small amount of blood in saliva after vomit

Hi there..

In the past few months after coming to university i have had quite a few heavy nights of drinking. Last night i drank quite a bit and awoke this morning feeling quite ill. I vomited a few times and after i was done.. i was spitting in the sink and i noticed that there was a very small amount of blood in my saliva. There was no blood in the actual vomit itself. Just small amounts in my saliva after i had finished vomiting. I am 19 and otherwise in very good health, am not overweight and do not take any medication.

Should i be worried about this, Its only happened twice before after i have thrown up in the morning and i cant find a trace of it in my saliva after about 5 minutes after i finish vomiting. The only thing i can think of is that its due to the wretching during vomiting... does some sort of damage to my stomach?

Cheers

Last edited by lewmantheman; 11-28-2006 at 05:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
(female)

RiAnne HB User
Re: Small amount of blood in saliva after vomit

seems like you are poisoning yourself somehow. i think you should be worried because blood in saliva is no where near normal. vomiting is horrible for the body. which is why doctors can tell when people throw up alot because it shows in your insides somehow. i'm curious now to what this could be. maybe you should take this as a sign that you might just be drinking too much and/or too often.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
(female)

huffnpuff HB User

I would agree with Rianne that vomiting at any time is not a good sign. If it continues on a regular basis, you could be hurting the esophagus area, because of the undigested liquor or food coming up, along with it comes stomach acid, which burns all the way up. Consider what you are doing to your body, and rethink "Are we having fun yet?" The blood is definitely not a good sign.

Last edited by huffnpuff; 11-29-2006 at 12:06 PM.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
(male)

lewmantheman HB User

I agree i should probably rethink how much I drink when i go out. It has only really happened when i have had a very heavy night after vomiting up everything in my stomach including stomach acid. Its just very worrying to see it as blood is never supposed to be excreted in this manner.

Could it be caused from the actual act of vomiting and its effect on my stomach. I must note though it has happened 3 times in the span of 3 months.. all times after i vomited for quite a while. The blood is in very small amounts.. It isnt dark red as its diluted heavily in the saliva and is only visible for 2-3 minutes while im spiting.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

This can be very dangerous. My brother in law had bleeding from his esophogus and it got out of control one time when he was throwing up and a vein sprung a huge leak in his esophogus and he lost almost all of his blood and almost died. If you continue to drink to this point it will happen to you too. Usually it's not until many many years of heavy drinking and is from liver problems but if you are already having this problem it could turn very serious quickly unless you cut back on the drinking. Just don't drink to the point of throwing up. It's a lot more dangerous then people realize.

Closed Thread