It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 09:25 PM   #16
(female)

tina2367 HB User
Re: Unexplained dizziness…unable to walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by m12 View Post
hi tina2367.
Just had a quick read through what you are going through. It does seem like a psychological disorder which may have given rise to other symptoms. But it can very well be the other way round. (ie these symptoms giving rise to anxiety)

It could hypovolemia which can explain most of your symptoms. Just low BP thats missing. if you have low BP it maybe a likely reason.

Have you had your BP checked?
Hi ,
Yes all the time i even check it now due to the anxiety attacks...
it's is normally around 100/60 but during an attack it go's up to like
142/96 for like 3-5 minutes then bam... drops rapidly back down....tina

Old 10-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #17
(male)

m12 HB User

Oh ok. Well in that case it is very likely to be anxiety. You have mentioned that pain can cause a chain reactions. Is it possible to have a run through what you are thinking at those times? and i think more importantly does the attack occur before symptoms or the other way round?

m12

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #18
(male)

arca HB User

i dont know if this is related to the topic but i am also getting spells of dizzyness (word?), it doesnt happen that often, once per week/two weeks although it is fairly frightening at 18, it usualy happens when i either start of stop doing something, i will lose all vision, its like a black mist covers my eyes, i become incredibly disorientated, my ears will start ringing and will slowly start to regain sight and hearing, my sight will return from the centre of my vision, leaving a decreasing black mist frame around things for upto 30 secs, during this i will need to hold on to something as i would otherwise fall over, i have only fell to the ground twice however as i have always had things there to steady me, there is no warning to this however as my strength leaves me instantaniously, is this related in any way or is this something else?

thanks

arca

Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #19
(female)

tina2367 HB User

Quote:
Oh ok. Well in that case it is very likely to be anxiety. You have mentioned that pain can cause a chain reactions. Is it possible to have a run through what you are thinking at those times? and i think more importantly does the attack occur before symptoms or the other way round?

m12
Hi,
The symptoms start first then yes i do get panicky over what could
be wrong..But i have felt soo crappy for over 7 yrs now that...I just think
okay this is it plz GOD let it be fast and take away this pain.
I can't hanlde much more............tina

Old 10-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Arca, that happened to me when i was pregnant because i have low BP normally, when i was pregnant it dropped even more. But that the feeling i got with very low BP. maybe thats yoyur problem.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #21
(male)

m12 HB User

hi arca,
it seems worrybucket is right on this one. It is due to low BP. Do you exercise much? Lack of blood to the brain in some circumctances can cause fainting. a good way is to esercise and this builds up the strength of your heart and hopefully this problem will eventually go away.
a temporary method is to move your legs and tighten then loosen your muscles. this will create a increase in venous return and increase your BP. (temporary)

Old 10-16-2007, 01:19 AM   #22
(female)

tina2367 HB User

I am going crazy.....now everything is
hurting..I feel like i have these electrical shocks going through
my body and then if i lean back I can feel like trembling inside almost
like i cat purring is caught in my body.
My stomach is bloated i look 6 months pregnant doc says weight gain
is normal but i went from 129 to 192. I am sooo depressed it's not
funny ,and so angry........I am scared and just want this to be done and
over already almost 8 yrs of hell is long enough. I am only 40 and the other
night i had to pee so bad it was like 3 am my husband says i sat up and
said ohh my leg's asleep and then tried to stand and fell flat it woke me up.
I don't remember says anything only hitting the floor and not being able to stand back up right away..OMG talk about scary...........tina

Old 10-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #23
(male)

m12 HB User

hi tina.
Yea that does sound scary...8 yrs does seem a very long time. I do hope that you will find out what is wrong soon.

Have reviewed your symptoms again.
It hadnt orruced to me before but it has just come into my mind that there is another disorder that can be causing all these symptoms. Im thinking of metabolic disorder. Most likely metabolic acidosis.

here are the links that i think will be useful to refer to.
[url]www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic312.htm[/url]

m12

Last edited by moderator2; 10-16-2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: disallowed website

Old 10-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #24
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Tina, no advice - just well wishes. Modern medicine is so advanced these days, if it were something life threatening your doctor would have most likely have found it. The best thing to do is to try to stay calm and keep your self busy with otherthings that you enjoy. Many times, sending just because cards, making things and such can take your mind off your own troubles. Anxiety of other symptoms can also cause strange symptoms.

God bless you and feel better soon!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:28 PM   #25
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Also, depression can cause excessive weight gain - oddly enough - many people gain lots of weight in a short amount of time, even when not eating excessivly.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:49 AM   #26
(male)

m12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B143C View Post
Also, depression can cause excessive weight gain - oddly enough - many people gain lots of weight in a short amount of time, even when not eating excessivly.
Yup long term acidosis can cause depressioin of the nervous system hence depressioni and lead to the gain of weight. I also herd that weight is determined by genetics....which i find hard to believe...but in saying that i suppose its an actual fact.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:23 PM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I had the same thing happen many years ago when I was pregnant. I was so dizzy my hubby went to Lamaze classes without me. My bp would drop to 70/50. I went to many drs ENTs included. One dr told me to let the hospital know I had low blood pressure so they wouldn't treat me for shock. I couldn't drive I was so "out of it" 5 months after having the baby I caught myself by grabbing the shower curtain. My mom was there and said then to go see her dr. I was pretty discouraged but desperate. The dr stuck a needle through my ear drum (It didn't hurt but sounded weird) and pulled out dried blood. He said I had fluid back there that had been there for a long time. How could the drs miss it? I had to have ear surgery and have a tube put in. I lost some hearing but it took care of my dizziness.
There is also another condition I can't remember the name something vegel, venus , veinis,vegas,someone help me out, has to do with the heart. It isn't dangerous, but can cause fainting.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #28
(female)

tina2367 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Unexplained dizziness…unable to walk

Quote:
hi tina.
Yea that does sound scary...8 yrs does seem a very long time. I do hope that you will find out what is wrong soon.

Have reviewed your symptoms again.
It hadnt orruced to me before but it has just come into my mind that there is another disorder that can be causing all these symptoms. Im thinking of metabolic disorder. Most likely metabolic acidosis.

here are the links that i think will be useful to refer to.
[url]www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic312.htm[/url]

m12
thank you very much i will so look into this....tina

Old 10-24-2007, 02:20 AM   #29
(male)

m12 HB User

hi tina2367
How have you been. Just thought id check up on how you are doin. Has things gotten better?

m12

Old 10-25-2007, 02:47 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

I haven't read all of the responses on this thread but wanted to tell you that your symptoms can be thyroid.

Many people with thyroid conditions experience dizziness, vertigo and hordes of other symptoms for what seem like unexplainable reasons.

The thyroid balances virtually everything in your body. If it is not functioning properly it can have your completely out of balance and cause your symptoms.

Actually, it can cause those symptoms and can have your experiencing different and confusing symptoms daily.

If you haven't had a thyroid panel done please ask your doctor to have one done. Make sure he/she is working with the "new" ranges. I'd also recommended reading over on the thyroid board.

I'm hypothyroid and had confusing symptoms for several years before being diagnosed. It is a very easily treated condition. You simply take a tiny hormone to replace what your own thyroid has stopped producing.

Good luck

Closed Thread