It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User
Deep chest cough, wheezing, no fever?

I was at the doctor yesterday and she swears I don't have bronchitis. But this cough is all in my chest! Every time I cough, it's one of those really deep ones from inside my chest! And I can hear myself wheezing, too! But I have no fever.

My throat hurts, too. And I feel generally crappy. I've been nauseated too, for a few days.

What the hell is wrong with me? My doctor claims it's just a cold, but my nose is not congested nor do I have any of the usual stuff like sneezing and dry cough like what you get with a cold. It's all in my chest and kinda in my throat. I have no idea what's going on!

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going back to see my doctor tomorrow. But I'm afraid I have bronchitis. But where is the fever?

Old 02-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User
Re: Deep chest cough, wheezing, no fever?

You wont always have fever with Bronchitis. I've had Bronchitis so many times i've lost count, but rarely had a fever with it until recently.

Is your throat sore at all? I'm asking this because sometimes with a throat infection you can also have a deep chesty cough. I'm pretty sure if it was Bronchitis the Doctor would of heard it hun, but get a 2nd opinion to be on the safe side.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User

It's funny you should mention a second opinion! I called my doctor again today because I feel worse. I actually lost my voice this morning. So I wanted to see her again but she called in sick! So I saw one of the other doctors at the office.

He said I not only have bronchitis but also a sinus infection! Lucky me!! So I got some kind of sulfa antibiotic, which is also given to people who have pneumonia, and I'm staying home from work today and tomorrow.

I really hope I feel better by Monday. I don't like missing work due to illness. It makes me look bad.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Bracelet,

I was just in the Doctor's office Monday and I had the same symptoms that you had. My Doctor told me that I had a bad case of Bronchitus, which I knew what it was because I have it every time I turn around it seems like. my Doctor gave me a breathing treatment in the office, a antibiotic shot and a steroid shot to help me with my breathing. She also said for me to take my treatments at home because I have the Neubilizer. I feel some what better, but am still coughing and bringing up the junk out of my throat.

I sure hope that you get better soon!
Jan

Closed Thread