It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

Jade001 HB User
Is nail glue harmful?

Question on nail glue. I use the "Kiss" brand of nail glue when I apply their nails. I use to get my nails done professionally, but when I saw these in the store, I thought, "why pay all of this money to get my nails done every two weeks when I can wear these and when they pop off, I can just replace them" Well, it has worked out great! Less expensive, looks better than what I have had done before and I was thinking that the store brand stuff has to be safer (or at least I would hope) than the chemicals that these nail people use and it crossed my mind about the safety of wearing these nails and glue EVERYDAY. Is this harmful do you think? I mean the glue says on the packaging that it is an irritant such as if you smell it, it will make your nose burn or if you get it too close to your eyes the fumes make the eyes water but, it's glue ya know? So do you think that this product is safe to wear on a continual basis everyday?

Thanks so much!

Old 02-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ladypepper HB User
Re: Is nail glue harmful?

Any type of acrylic nail or nail glue damages your nails. Depending on your nails will determine how much damage. I have very weak and thin nails so either of them damages my nails a lot. Doesn't stop me from using them though.
One suggestion - be careful with those glue on nails. They are great to use occasionally but they usually have a 10 day time limit to wearing them. If you wear them longer - you are at risk of getting fungus under them. Not only gross but is hard to get rid of sometimes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread