It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User
Random Severe Dizzy Spells

Hey everyone,

I've got a problem that I've been ignoring for a while, but I reall am starting to get concerned. I have been having these random dizzy spells and they're bad. I'll just be sitting down, not moving any different or anything and I just get this random dizzy feeling. I mean, I feel almost like I'm going to black out. There is no spinning, just extreme dizziness and strange feeling in my head.

Anyone else ever had this? Should I be concerned?

Thanks
-Vers

Old 02-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User
Re: Random Severe Dizzy Spells

Sounds like vertigo. Go to a doctor and they can give you a medication to take when it gets bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User

Thanks for the response,

The spells don't last very long at all...maybe a couple minutes at the most, then my head feels kinda tingly. Is that like what the vertigo is? Just short spells?

Thanks,

-Vers

Old 02-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User

Oh, I forgot to mention...vertigo is when you feel like you're spinning right? Because I don't feel like I'm spinning or anything...just really dizzy..it's hard to explain, just an off-balance, light headed feeling I guess. Like I really feel like I'm going to pass out.

Thanks again for the response, I think I will go talk to the doctor about it.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:39 AM   #5
(female)

rockvegasgirl HB User

I had a dizzy spell last week. after it I checked my pulse and found it irregular and rapid. I went to a hospital and a ekg detected that I was in atrial fibrillation. which puts you at rist for stroke! so i'm on medication and my heart did convert back to a normal rhythm. but you should always call your doctor with near fainting episodes, it could be many things.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
(female)

swmp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Versailles* View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention...vertigo is when you feel like you're spinning right? Because I don't feel like I'm spinning or anything...just really dizzy..it's hard to explain, just an off-balance, light headed feeling I guess. Like I really feel like I'm going to pass out.

Thanks again for the response, I think I will go talk to the doctor about it.
vertigo can be feeling as though you are spinning or the room or surroundings are sppinning it can also be dizzyness or a vibration. Vertigo can be alot of different sensations a doctor is best to decide if it is vertigo or something more serious

Closed Thread