It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User
For what illness are these the symptoms?

DH has a severe (productive) cough and a fever ranging between 100 and 102since last night. He started coughing last week and just started with the fever last night. I don't think it's the flu because he has no body aches, but could it be? All he has in addition is a headache and I am sure that is from the fever. I was thinking bronchitis, but I have had that many times and seldom if ever ran a fever with it. If anyone has any idea please share!

Thanks!

Nancy

Old 02-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: For what illness are these the symptoms?

From what you have said, it sounds like a bad chesty cold (helpful, huh?)..but treat it as that and you won't go far wrong, panadol, hot drinks, plenty of fluid, etc etc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2007, 04:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

I'd say flu or bronchitis. Not all flus have body aches.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
(female)

dfroman1166 HB User

I've always had a temp. w/ bronchitis. I would get him to the doctor.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

Thanks everyone! You were ALL right! Both of us went to the doctor today as I started with the cough three days ago and developed a fever last night, and we were both diagnosed with bronchitis and placed on antibiotics.

Nancy

Old 04-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
(female)

tina2367 HB User

hi,
I am a newbie on here and too alot of my symtoms and REALLY need help and to know if anyone knows what it can be i just don't believe it's only panic and anxiety attacks it has to me more. There are so many pysical things i feel. Where do i begin. I get lightheaded all the time and dizzy especially if i have to be with people to long outside my home. I am nauseate all the time even though i don't vomit. My eyes sting and burn,my heart races and feels like it's going to come out of my chest, I am SOO emotional,I am easily upset, I always feel like i am dying, I going to sleep and wake up frightened to death, My stomach hurts like lower around both kindneys i was back pain constantly especially if i am like trying to do the dishes, I get dizzy and feel like i am going to pass out all the time, my breasts hurt like heck, sex is so PAINFUL and i always feel like i am going to pass out while having it and never wake up again... I am SO SCARED of dying.my bones ache especially if i bump something. i feel like my legs and neck is going to fall off and sometimes like i just can not support my head anymore.I feel like i'm unable to breathe,my heart will beat so hard and fast if i open my mouth i can hear it,i am either never sleeping or always sleeping,i have a dry mouth always and sore thoart, (I do have very very very BAD teeth). I have dry hair that does not grow and brittle nails, i get shooting pains in my whole body and very bad headaches,i have i feeling of doom all the time, i am always stressed.I am not able to lose weight no matter what i do and if i move fast i can sometimes feel like a huge bump in my right lower ab.
whew i think i covered everything the reason the list is so long is i am so hoping someone CAN help me. I have been to 6 different hospitals and doctors noone knows what to say other then they find nothing and send me home.
I am so scared that i am going to die my husband just says relax and rest you'll be okay and leaves me in a closed room without even comeing back to check on me,what if i stop breathing then. I am scared. I need help PLEASE.
If anyone can help me so i can be healthy or at least torerate this illness please do so i have 2 small grls 13, and 4 and want to be the mom they need and deserve. This started at 33 i am now 40...It wasn't so bad then but keeps getting worst.
thank you,
tina2367

Old 05-22-2007, 04:33 AM   #7
(female)

tina2367 HB User

Hi,
Me again with some new information...Is anyone else feeling like this or going through this? I am now almost daily getting heart palipations and sweating ,dizziness,light headedness , dry mouth, no energy or it's through the roof,gloomy feeling of death, too much sleep or not enough, diareaha or cosapation,losing focus, throat is swelling, and now i have been taking my temp regularly it is crazy...it will be as low as 96.2 and that's when i will be so cold and ghave xchills and shakes...Or in the 99's and that's when i am sweating. I have feelings of passing out in the stores in the shower in the school. Sex is scary because when i start to reallly get into it now i feel like i can't breathe
and i am going to pass out.
I am still being told this is anexity....But everyday and to this extreme...someone PLEASE help me....................tee

Old 05-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes, others are.

You may want to read up on the Anxiety and OCD boards- those guys are really soooo helpful and compassionate.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:19 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

First thought is a sever vitamin deficiency. All those symptoms you have are caused by lack of vitamins. Lacking in certain vitamins can be fatal .

Old 05-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

While it is probably pretty unlikely that a vitamin deficiency is causing all of these symptoms, it's worth a shot. Do you take a multivitamin? It might help.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

Over on the birth control board there are many posts about Vitamin B deficiency. Anywhere from lowered body temp to memory problems, loss of appetite, insomnia, and gastrointestinal disorders, dementia, hallucinations,appetite loss, dizziness, weakness, shortage of breath, heart palpitations, diarrhea,tingling sensations and mnay more. Check it out it might help.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:43 AM   #12
(female)

tina2367 HB User

hi,
Just so you know i did start taking vitamin B-12 (2,500-5,000 mgs )
a day did not help. Then i add poltasium and magiusuim no help..except
another trip to the ER and i found out that take extra magiusuim is not
GOOD for your heart..hmmm....Still suffering but getting even worse now
driving my husband away from me..so he told me. So my whole life is
falling apart.I am crying and i feel so useless.Yep i know major depression
but you try 7 yrs of this hell and telll me you won't be. I am at ends wit.
Sorrt for being so blunt but i am in so my pain now phyical and mental.
tina2367

Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #13
(female)

tina2367 HB User
Unhappy Re: For what illness are these the symptoms?

hi,
Not really any better at all just very drugged now..It masks
the problem but does not fix it. I asked for the new thyroid test
the doctor said no need to do it i was fine.
Well the stomach pains got better after i landed in the ER crying
and they thought i was impacted and i knew i wasn't but was crying
so hard i didn't care...Guess what i almost died when they found a huge
nest of eggs and pin worms...OMG!
And they can make you soo sick it's not funny so now we are worm free
i hope and maybe i will get my health back.
Scary thing .............tina
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina2367 View Post
hi,
Just so you know i did start taking vitamin B-12 (2,500-5,000 mgs )
a day did not help. Then i add poltasium and magiusuim no help..except
another trip to the ER and i found out that take extra magiusuim is not
GOOD for your heart..hmmm....Still suffering but getting even worse now
driving my husband away from me..so he told me. So my whole life is
falling apart.I am crying and i feel so useless.Yep i know major depression
but you try 7 yrs of this hell and telll me you won't be. I am at ends wit.
Sorrt for being so blunt but i am in so my pain now phyical and mental.
tina2367

Closed Thread