It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
(male)

Jbtan5 HB User
Throat feeling weird....

It started last tuesday when I first noticed it. Basically I felt like there was something at the back of my throat just being there, hanging infront, sorta near the funny dangling thing is (you know, the one right behind the throat). It disappeared till last friday, when I felt it again after gym, and it has been coming back for the past 4 days.

At first (aka till last night) I would only feel it when I inhale; its just like some sorta sensation there as if something is obstructing, when there is no obstruction. There is no difficulty swallowing or breathing, no pain, nothing. Then last night it became a funny sensation as if something is there that I feel even when I'm not breathing. And the funnier thing is that I don't feel it until I'm awake for a few hours, and it generally goes off even when I'm sleeping for 1/2 an hour, leading me to think it might be some sorta "referred strain" from my shoulders or neck, that gets tired often since I use my computer extensively and haven't gotten a good massage for weeks. It also the sensation also sometimes disappears, generally when I don't think about it, leading me to think it might also be amplified by my imagination. Either that, or I'm jsut concentrating too much on something else.

Any idea what it could be? There are absolutely no problems, no tingling, no heart races (cept when I worry about it), no pain, no difficulty breathing/eating/drinking/swallowing. I'm a rather worry wort person, so be kind to me in your replies XD

Thanks!

Last edited by Jbtan5; 03-04-2007 at 08:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User
Re: Throat feeling weird....

Do you still have your tonsils? Sounds like tonsil stones or also called tonsilliths.There are many posts about them on these boards.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:30 AM   #3
(male)

Jbtan5 HB User

Thanks for the reply.

I doubt it is; the sensation sorta disappeared last night, and I did a self-check with my tongue cleaner in place of the "ice cream stick" docs use, while I had a light shining at my mouth. Didn't see any lumps or white things. I also dont suffer from bad breath or any of the other symptoms.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User

Could it be thyroid related? Before my husband was diagnosed with thyroid problems he kept complaining of a sore throat. He had several strep tests but they all came back negative. Turns out his thyroid glands were swolen and he had hypothyroidism. He just didn't know quite how to describe what he was feeling in his throat.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
(female)

luvmy2kids HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbtan5 View Post
Basically I felt like there was something at the back of my throat just being there, hanging infront, sorta near the funny dangling thing is (you know, the one right behind the throat).
That's called your Uvula and it could be swollen causing that feeling. I think when it's swollen it's called pharyngitis. I would bring it up to your doc and see what he says.

Closed Thread