It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
(female)

BumpkinPumpkin HB User
Cell Phones...are they harmful to your health?

I see so many people with the blue tooth stuck to their ear and I wanted to know if anyone knows if that poses a health threat in any way? I was actually worried about cell phone usage on the speaker phone of a cell phone for long periods of time (2 plus hours at a time). Anyone hear of anything?

Old 03-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Cell Phones...are they harmful to your health?

Yes, cell phone use can be very damaging to a person's health. While they are talking on the phone they are not paying attention to what is going on around them or what they are doing. See drivers all the time doing stupid things that could endager their health via a car wreck or injure someone else. It is not only driving that a person may have a problem, their mind focused on the cell phone allows for life to slip past them and later they could have mental problems as a result. Of course that has not been proven, too soon to do a study. Many will talk on the phone while trying to converse with a real live person which is damaging to relationships. Cell phones seem to have become a "God" for some people and they never have time to pay attention to God the Creator of this earth and all that is within, etc.

This is only one side of health damage, there are other health problems that could stem from too much use of the cell phone or any other device. Moderation is always the key to better health when using anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Yes, cell phone use can be very damaging to a person's health. While they are talking on the phone they are not paying attention to what is going on around them or what they are doing. See drivers all the time doing stupid things that could endager their health via a car wreck or injure someone else. It is not only driving that a person may have a problem, their mind focused on the cell phone allows for life to slip past them and later they could have mental problems as a result. Of course that has not been proven, too soon to do a study. Many will talk on the phone while trying to converse with a real live person which is damaging to relationships. Cell phones seem to have become a "God" for some people and they never have time to pay attention to God the Creator of this earth and all that is within, or to other live human being in their lives.

This is only one side of health damage, there are other health problems that could stem from too much use of the cell phone or any other device. Moderation is always the key to better health when using anything.

Having said the above, do not get me wrong because I know the cell phone is a great invention, almost as great as the light bulb!! It is how something is used that makes the difference.

Last edited by Misty800; 03-13-2007 at 11:50 AM.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
(female)

BumpkinPumpkin HB User

Gosh, do you think if it is used for a couple of hours say every other day or an hour everyday at one time, that would be harmful? I know what you are saying about the driving etc..but what about physical harm of using the phone in the time I just mentioned? What kind of damage can it do health wise?

Old 03-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Ahe study was done late last year and states that they have found that men who use thier cell phones for 4 hours or more have a lower sperm count. A 25 per cent lower sperm count than men who never used a mobile and a 50%drop in the number of properly formed sperm, with just one-fifth looking normal under a microscope.

There is no way to know for sure if the radiation from the cell phone will do damage for many many years.

Jenteal

Old 03-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Legend74 HB User

I don't think you should worry about it so much. Honestly, anything these days can make you sick or kill you or somehow maim you, we take chances every day!
-Want to try to be healthy and eat spinach? You could get EColi and die!
-Want to go out for a walk in the nice weather outside? You could get hit by a bus and die!
Watching too much tv, spending too much time on the computer, breathing the air, being exposed to 2nd hand smoke, eating strawberries, melons, other assorted fruits and vegetables, swimming in a chlorinated pool, swimming in the ocean where there are sharks, going hiking where there are cougars ..... I mean, the list of stuff that can potentially be life-threatening is endless! If we never did anything that could potentially kill us, then we would have to bury ourselves in a cave and never go anywhere or see anything ever again!

But wait, radiation could be in the ground and kill us, or red ants, scorpions, or some other creepy crawlies might get us! Do you see what I mean? It never ends.

I say, don't worry so much about it. It's not important enough to matter. Just don't be one of those people who is not paying attention while driving and talking on the phone. Because that probably kills more people than actual use of the phone itself does.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #7
(female)

BumpkinPumpkin HB User

Yes, I know what you mean! we do take chances every single day. SOmeone just mentioned to me about the radiation use of a cell phone and I mainly use mine at home, not so much in the car, and mostly I use the speaker phone especially on the longgggg conversations with relatives and I was just wondering if there was any potential danger in using the phone for 2-2.5 hours at a time. I'm not saying every day, but I was concerned when I did do it. We use our cell phones as our main phone (no land line) and I didn't know if using the speaker part was any safer. Just wanted to check.

Closed Thread