It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #1
(female)

mommy5 HB User
Feels like something is pushing on my ribs!

A couple weeks ago I had what I'm pretty sure was a bruised rib. It only hurt when I pushed on it and I had an exam with my OB/GYN and he said it was just the bone as well. It was on the right side.

Then last night I started getting this weird "fullness" feeling in the same area as the bruised rib was (the rib doesn't hurt anymore). The best way I can describe it is to compare it to when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. He would push his big ole feet into my rib cage - it didn't hurt, just felt very uncomfortable. That is exactly how it feels right now. It is worse when I sit down and I can hardly feel it at all when I'm laying down. There is zero pain.

Any thoughts/ideas? It's just very annoying.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User
Re: Feels like something is pushing on my ribs!

Could be several things. Do you have any stomach/digestive symptoms? Is the fullness behind the rib, or just under it (like the upper abdomen). It could just be some scar tissue still healing from the rib. It could also be some GI problems. Some more information would be helpful.

-Vers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

at the very least,i think you should just see your primary and have them just run a strip on your heart in order to make certain that this is in no way a cardiac related type issue.the thing is,women tend to actually exhibit some pretty strange symptoms of cardiac issues when compared to what most men will actually have for symptoms.alot of women will actually present with more jaw type pain that most men do not even have.our bodies are just built differently and certain pains and sensations radiate to different areas.anytime you feel something strange or just not the norm in your chest area,you really DO just need it evaluated.honestly,in this type of situation it IS much safer to be better safe than sorry.

the thing is,this could be a nothing or it could be indicative of a 'something' you know what i mean?it just needs to be ruled out if nothing else.hopefully its just a bit of a gastro issue and nothing more but you wont know for certain it is not cardiac til you rule that out.it would only take a few minutes in your docs office to find out.please let me know how you are doing,good luck,FB

Old 03-26-2007, 06:11 AM   #4
(female)

mommy5 HB User

Thank you for your replies.

It is hard to pinpoint exactly. It is about 5 inches below the top of my rib cage and 4-5 inches to the right of my belly button. So more toward my stomach/side I guess. Part of me wonders if it's all in my head. When I woke up and went to church yesterday it never bothered me once. Yet when I got home and was sitting around bored I could feel it again. I took a nap and woke up and once again didn't notice anything. I have an appointment scheduled for Wednesday with my doctor that I was going to cancel because we are going on vacation. Now I may try and get in tomorrow just to see what he says before we leave. Although I will feel silly it it's all in my head.

I have dealt with acid reflux issues in the past. I was on prilosec for a few months but haven't taken anything in a while and have felt fine. This doesn't feel anything like the burning sensation I had in my chest with the acid reflux. They never checked my gallbladder but I really thought that was the problem at the time. I have no idea if this could be related.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

if you are planning on going out of town,i really would at the very least,try and get seen before you leave.trust me,if this some very real sort of issue,being out of town when something happens really is not a place you want to put yourself into.it just makes everything for alot of different reasons,much more difficult.

at the very least,the doc can palpate your abdomen for any hints at what may be producing your pain and can also run a myriad of simple bloodwork to see how certain body system functions are.this would help alot as far as a possible Dx of what could be causing this.it does need to be fully evaluated.i doubt that this is all in your "head' really,it does sound like you are having a very real,very much 'there' pain,that simply needs to be identified for the trigger.hopefully your doc can shed a possible light on this even before you leave town.good luck and please keep me posted on anything you find out,K? FB

Old 03-27-2007, 07:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

This area is where you gall bladder is.It might be that causing this feeling..Is it tender if you push on the area? I would have it checked.

Closed Thread