It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
(female)

byHizgrc HB User
Unhappy Neck/Lymph Node...Not Really Sure...Issues...Somebody HELP!!

I didn't know where else to put this. So, I'm putting it here & hope you can help. BTW... I'm sorry, in advance, for how long this may become! I assure you that it's for a legit reason. So. please have patience with me. Now, lets begin...

1st of all, here's a short background. I have lupus, fibromyalgia, and SEVERAL other health conditions. If you want to find out the rest so you can better understand & help me, please go to ******* & look for sweet_beulah_land. If you know anything about the site or the web, in general, then you should know how to just add it to the web addy. Plz forgive me for not writing all about it here, but it's A LOT to write, and I REALLY REALLY don't feel like it. I've got enough to explain to you & figure why do all that work, when I've already taken the time to write it somewhere else. N-e-wayz...

Lately, I've had problems with really bad headaches...like ER bad (they were of NO help...you'd understand if you knew the hospital here...lol). Then, I started noticing some of the lymph nodes in my neck were pretty tender, painful, & swollen, which has happened a few times before. Also, I was experiencing an off & on low-grade temp, which I get episodes of from time to time for no apparent reason (could be the lupus), and I was feeling SO exhausted, which is almost impossible considering how exhausted I am on a regular basis. I put off going to the doc b/c...well, quite frankly, when you have serious, chronic health problems like me, you get pretty sick & tired of always going to the doc when something happens, even if it could be a significant something related to your disease. Not to mention, you usually get the distinct feeling that your doc is sometimes gets sick of seeing you & starts to not take you as seriously, and I'm sure some of you can relate. When I started to get all stuffy in one nostril, I decided I better give in.

I made an appointment to see the nurse practitioner at my doctor's office ASAP. He said I had a bunch of fluid in both ears (assuming that = ear infection but wasn't told those exact words) & thought I had a serious sinus infection. I was given antibiotics & told they should clear it ALL up, including the headaches, but it didn't. Yes, the stuffiness went away & assume the ear infection or fluid or whatever did too; however, I still have everything else.

However, ALLLLL that is not what I really need advice on...kinda..sorta...I think. I basically told you that in case it may be related to what brought me here this time. I guess we'll see.

What I really need help with... My neck has been a little extra tender & painful today. I was really feeling it a little while ago. So, I put my hand on my neck to check it (i.e. tenderness, swollen...), and sure enough, it felt pretty swollen, esp in one area, & extra tender to touch. I pressed on the spot that was more swollen, and what happened next, made me freak out!!! This thing - cartilage, voice box, thyroid... - kind of...well, bare with me b/c I'm not sure how to describe it. Hmmm... well, I guess I'd say it kind of shifted or moved a little, and when this happened, I heard the weirdest, most unexpected thing. I heard crunching or like a popping. I can't remember ever experiencing this before, and I had to come here to see if I could get an answer or at least some opinions.

Can anyone help? Does this sound familiar to any of ya? Plz, just let me know. If nothing else, an idea you throw out may point me in the right direction.

Again, I'm SO sorry this was so long. I just felt that you might not be able to help as much if you didn't know some of the other stuff, and believe me, that was the short version. lol

Thank you, in advance, for taking the time to read through all this & caring enough to help. I really appreciate it!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: Neck/Lymph Node...Not Really Sure...Issues...Somebody HELP!!

I used to have a swollen throat/gland sorta feeling. It turned out to be a combination of allergies and GERD. The GERD was what was really making it painful. Every once in a while I'll get that feeling but only if I strained my shoulders. Try taking over the counter antacids and see if that helps. It may take a few days to find out. If its not acid reflux or GERD then get an allergy test done. If it is acid reflux or GERD then there are a few things you can try to relieve the pain. You can try chlorophyll, alfalfa, digestive enzymes, probiotics, or green tea. Don't try all of these at once. You can also try evening primrose oil. This helps with pain. Evening primrose oil shouldn't be taken if you're on seizure meds.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:39 PM   #3
(female)

byHizgrc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alagaesia View Post
I used to have a swollen throat/gland sorta feeling. It turned out to be a combination of allergies and GERD. The GERD was what was really making it painful. Every once in a while I'll get that feeling but only if I strained my shoulders. Try taking over the counter antacids and see if that helps. It may take a few days to find out. If its not acid reflux or GERD then get an allergy test done. If it is acid reflux or GERD then there are a few things you can try to relieve the pain. You can try chlorophyll, alfalfa, digestive enzymes, probiotics, or green tea. Don't try all of these at once. You can also try evening primrose oil. This helps with pain. Evening primrose oil shouldn't be taken if you're on seizure meds.
TY for trying, but the issue I was trying to stress was the thing in the neck moving & poppy/crunching. I only added the other stuff b/c I'm not sure if it's related. If so, those who read it may recognize the symptoms are related to something(s) & be able to help.

I already know that my neck tenderness has NOTHING to do w/ reflux. I know how that feels b/c I've been dealing with it & treated for it for years. I have 2 scripts I take for it. Believe me, I'm, unfortunately, well versed in the ways of gastric acids.

Also, I won't try any herbs unless OKd by my doc. I'm taking too many scripts to risk it.

Thanks again!

Old 04-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
(female)

byHizgrc HB User
Question Re: Neck/Lymph Node...Not Really Sure...Issues...Somebody HELP!!

I want to add that I'm wondering if this could be something like...
  1. Lymphoma
  2. Hodgkin's
  3. Enlarged Thyroid...not sure what that would mean though

Old 04-01-2007, 05:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

Your symptoms could be caused by something as simple as a blocked lymph duct.

Get yourself to a good ENT and get it checked out.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #6
(female)

byHizgrc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxie63 View Post
Your symptoms could be caused by something as simple as a blocked lymph duct.

Get yourself to a good ENT and get it checked out.
I first have to get my GP to believe I may need an ENT b/c I can't go w/o a referral b/c of ins. I'm gonna try to get in to see her tomorrow & see about some tests.

Thanks!

Old 04-02-2007, 04:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

You're welcome.

Good luck with the GP. Hopefully you'll get the medical care you need.

Closed Thread