It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CandP HB User
Left Arm Feels Strange

Suddenly, my left arm to my fingers feels kind of cold, fatigued. I cant say I've done anything out of the ordinary. Took 2 folic acid pills, 400 mg last two days. I havent taken any today.
I don't feel it numb though. Just a feeling of cold on/off. It came on suddenly, just 2 hours ago.

Did I do anything to cause this - should I be worried

Old 04-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
(female)

tinklestar10 HB User
Re: Left Arm Feels Strange

Hey.

Might be cold doing it to ur arm, i dunno though if still same go to your doctor bout it. x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User

Might be strained... have you been using the PC, driving or just plainusing your left to much.. maybe slept on it unknowingly?? It could be lack of oxygen in the blood flow.. but it can be due to many factors... try to monitor and keep track on when it usually accur..like what your doing before it set in...

Old 04-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
(female)

Bluesy HB User

I've had the same thing happen to my right arm and I got sick of it so I actually went to my doctor. She told me it's probably because I've been gaining alot of weight in the past few months. So, I started dieting and exercising and it has not happened to me at all.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #5
(female)

Lynn893 HB User

CandP, I've got exactly the same problem right now. I"m assuming that I slept on it wrong, and I've krinked something. The top of my shoulder at the back is just aching, and it feels weird down my arm. Then, my whole arm feels very heavy and sore. Then it eases up for awhile. Then the whole thing starts over again. I"ve tried stretching it out, but that really doesn't seem to be helping at all.

When I go home, I'm going to get an icepack and put it on the back of my shoulder. Maybe it'll help.

Let me know how you're doing with this.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

CandP HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn893 View Post
CandP, I've got exactly the same problem right now. I"m assuming that I slept on it wrong, and I've krinked something. The top of my shoulder at the back is just aching, and it feels weird down my arm. Then, my whole arm feels very heavy and sore. Then it eases up for awhile. Then the whole thing starts over again. I"ve tried stretching it out, but that really doesn't seem to be helping at all.

When I go home, I'm going to get an icepack and put it on the back of my shoulder. Maybe it'll help.

Let me know how you're doing with this.
Hi,

Thanks for the concern....actually I believe it was due to my fasting for Easter. I kept away from meats & diary, and anything containing or from those groups, which lead me to believe I had low iron or was low in vitamins. Or that I might have slept wrong or strained it with s/th heavy...Whatever the case, it;s all gone & I feel fine! Hoping the same to you

Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
(female)

Lynn893 HB User

Hi CandP, I jsut took a couple advil, as my arm/shoulder area is absolutely killing me! I was up half the night trying to get into a better position, my arm was throbbing, aching, and just doesn't feel right. And now, to top it all off, I've got this terrible fluttering in my left underarm that lasts for upwards of 15 seconds, goes away and comes back a couple minutes later. Go figure?

Anyway, I'm off to the dentist (would rather be going to see my doctor about my arm, but he's booked solid right now).

Old 04-11-2007, 10:21 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

CandP HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn893 View Post
Hi CandP, I jsut took a couple advil, as my arm/shoulder area is absolutely killing me! I was up half the night trying to get into a better position, my arm was throbbing, aching, and just doesn't feel right. And now, to top it all off, I've got this terrible fluttering in my left underarm that lasts for upwards of 15 seconds, goes away and comes back a couple minutes later. Go figure?

Anyway, I'm off to the dentist (would rather be going to see my doctor about my arm, but he's booked solid right now).
Hi, I'm sure it's nothing serious - it does sound like you might have strained it or s/th to that effect. Could the weather be a factor? I've noticed when the season changes, I feel some pain in my arms & knees. Are you eating well? I'm sure you have considered all these things, however if it is a consistent pain lasting more than a week, it would be best to have it checked out. Wishing you well

Closed Thread