It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User
How do you lie to your doc in the right way

my next visit was supposed to be 3 months ago but i have no money so i decided not to go. What happens if i need to go and he asks me if im still taking my meds or why i didn't visit.

im supposed to be on like 5 meds and i take nothing but natural supplements because simply the meds , except for the clonozapam works.

I do take a 1 mg of clonozapam . I assume after ten visits he has no idea whats causing my headaches which are next to my ears on my face and next to my temples close to the forehead but not on forehead,

i guess im gonna say i don't take my bp med because my bp has been good for 5 months. I stopped taking the headache med because it doesn't work. I don't take the sinus med because it doesn't work and i wanted to change my diet around and take supplements

BUT , HE HATES ALL VITAMINS, supplements, AND HAVE NO IDEA WHY AND I SWEAR HE WILL RAISE HIS VOICE AT ME AND GO OFF,

thanks chris from kentucky

Last edited by ttwarrior1; 04-15-2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: fixed a couple words

Old 04-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User
Re: How do you lie to your doc in the right way

Rather than having to lie to your dr, how about finding a dr that's friendlier to your way of life? It'll certainly be less stressful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
(female)

brynac HB User

Most MDs don't want anyone taking vitamins or natural herbal remedies. They must be in with the pharmacy's to make money!! There are naturopathic doctors though that do agree with taking natural herbal supplements rather than the chemicals you get at the pharmacy.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #4
(male)

well i haven't seen him in 3 months and wonder if he even cares if i do see him. He is supposed to be one of the best docs in the world and everyone seems to like him and not one single negative word about him. i have no money to see anyone else or even if there is anyone else. Im already taking teh natural products i should be taking and they help some but its taking a long time and thinking of doing a total body cleanse that doc ian shellington recommends.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

Personally I would just be straight with him. Tell your DR that you're on a very low budget and can't afford to pay for the medication so you found a alternative to help until you can get enough money to afford the other meds. Also say the alternative meds (herbal) you took because you didn't want to take anything and end up coming back to him because your symptoms are no longer controlled etc so you thought you'd wait it out a few months and take herbal meds. Remember your paying him so don't let him raise his voice to you. If he does tell him your not standing at the other end of the street and please not raise his voice again to you as you don't appreciate it. Hope your better soon. x

Old 04-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
(male)

lol, that won't work

Old 04-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

If your not willing to be honest with him then going back to him is just wasting more of the money you don't have. Why lie to him because you are afraid that he is going to yell at you? If what he gave you in the past is not helping you and you are already a firm believer that he is not going to help you in the way you want ,..with the vitamins , then you are wasting your time and his.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mystic_star HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxie63 View Post
Rather than having to lie to your dr, how about finding a dr that's friendlier to your way of life? It'll certainly be less stressful.
My thoughts excactly! Many doctors are like that because they have no idea what it's like to struggle and have to decide if you'll go to the doctor or put food on the table for your family! It's such a shame that America (supposedly the richest country) has citizens that can' t even take proper care of their health because they can't afford to!

Old 04-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttwarrior1;2***421
lol, that won't work
You never know till you try. He's not exactly going to yell at you very loudly when your paying him. So be honest. Best thing all around.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

The best thing is to go and tell him the truth! That you can't afford the medications. Your not the first one that has ever told him that believe me. Why don't you mention to him does he have any samples that he can give you? They have representives that goes and fills there cabinets with samples and thats what they are there for. Do not let him holler at you! You help pay his wages and if he starts hollering at you, I would stop him right there and tell him that you are a human just like he is and that he puts his pants on one leg at the time just like you do. If he is gonna be mean about it, why bother with going back to him? He needs to treat his patients with love and if he can't then I wouldn't go back.

Good luck!
Jan

Closed Thread