It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2007, 04:36 AM   #1
(female)

lenii HB User
Shoulder pain

Sometimes when I eat, I have this full feeling under my breast bone and discomfort. Then I get a pain in my left shoulder. It may last 10 minutes.

I don't think this sounds like hiatal hernia??? Or Acid reflux??? could it be angina??? and why??

Old 04-16-2007, 05:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Shoulder pain

just one possibility,only because this seems to appear after eating is a possible gallbladder issue?i know the GB is actually on the right side of the chest area but alot of people who i have spoken to and others i have seen post even on this and other sites also appear to have L sided type pain.i am assuming there just has to be a nerve connection somewhere that actually causes the GB pain to radiate to the L side.i know for sure when my son was in liver failure that he had his worst pain on the L side,more into his shoulder area,so there IS definitely something to the way the nerves run from that specific area to the left side of the chest.the GB actually sits kind of into the liver itself.so it would be just one possible cause for your specific type of pain.

you really should see your doc tho just to have this all evaluated.he can also run more specific types of blood tests to determine what may or may not actually be involved or affected in some way.any sort of actual chest pain needs to be fully evaluated,espescially in women as they can present with many different types of heart attack symptoms than most men will.thats why alot of women will not actually have cardiac problems detected as early as most men,we just present much differently in some cases.but see your doc for this just to get the ball rolling.you DO really need to find out just what is actually triggering this.i wish you luck with this.please keep me posted as to what you find out,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
(female)

lenii HB User
Re: Shoulder pain

Thank you, Feelbad,

I will take your advise and have it checked out. It doesn't happen all of the time, thank goodness...Thanks again.

Closed Thread