It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

tina2367 HB User
Anyone else find this with drinking water

hi,
I am trying to find out if anyone else has a problem with drinking water it seems if i drink alot of water (like 2 bottles) i get very bad heartburn and indigestion. I find this very weird but alot has been going on so maybe this is just a add on to everything else. God i pray that some doctor i find will be like HOUSE and get this right so i can be healthy again and live my life,.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User
Re: Anyone else find this with drinking water

I get indigestion/heartburn from drinking water as well, but usually only at night. Then again, some of the strangest things have given me heartburn - toast, tea, water, chocolate. I've been dx'd with acid reflux (GERD). Talk to your dr and check out the acid reflux forum. Lots of info over there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
(female)

tina2367 HB User

Hi,
thank you i think it's really weird but with all the other things going on i am getting scared it seems everyday i am feeling something new and scary again.
these are some of them that i orginally posted . thanks tina
Pss..since then i have added a few is this a mind thing.........I hope not or i really wish someone will shoot me and put me outta my misery.

hi,
I am a newbie on here and too alot of my symtoms and REALLY need help and to know if anyone knows what it can be i just don't believe it's only panic and anxiety attacks it has to me more. There are so many pysical things i feel. Where do i begin. I get lightheaded all the time and dizzy especially if i have to be with people to long outside my home. I am nauseate all the time even though i don't vomit. My eyes sting and burn,my heart races and feels like it's going to come out of my chest, I am SOO emotional,I am easily upset, I always feel like i am dying, I going to sleep and wake up frightened to death, My stomach hurts like lower around both kindneys i have back pain constantly especially if i am like trying to do the dishes, I get dizzy and feel like i am going to pass out all the time, my breasts hurt like heck, sex is so PAINFUL and i always feel like i am going to pass out while having it and never wake up again... I am SO SCARED of dying.my bones ache especially if i bump something. i feel like my legs and neck is going to fall off and sometimes like i just can not support my head anymore.I feel like i'm unable to breathe,my heart will beat so hard and fast if i open my mouth i can hear it,i am either never sleeping or always sleeping,i have a dry mouth always and sore thoart, (I do have very very very BAD teeth). I have dry hair that does not grow and brittle nails, i get shooting pains in my whole body and very bad headaches,i have i feeling of doom all the time, i am always stressed.I am not able to lose weight no matter what i do and if i move fast i can sometimes feel like a huge bump in my right lower ab.
whew i think i covered everything the reason the list is so long is i am so hoping someone CAN help me. I have been to 6 different hospitals and doctors noone knows what to say other then they find nothing and send me home.
I am so scared that i am going to die my husband just says relax and rest you'll be okay and leaves me in a closed room without even comeing back to check on me,what if i stop breathing then. I am scared. I need help PLEASE.
If anyone can help me so i can be healthy or at least torerate this illness please do so i have 2 small grls 13, and 4 and want to be the mom they need and deserve. This started at 33 i am now 40...It wasn't so bad then but keeps getting worst.
thank you,
tina2367

Old 04-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tina, I'm so sorry you're going through all that. While you're at the drs, have your thyroid checked. A lot of your symptoms (including the anxiety, palpatations and panic attacks) are all symptoms of a very real, honest to goodness, physical ailment. It's not just you. Really!

Your dr needs to run TSH, FT4, FT3 and thyroid antibodies tests. If they've been done in the past, have them run again.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:39 AM   #5
(female)

tina2367 HB User

hi,
thank you i asked my doctor he said it is not needed that my thyriod is find...huh...I decieded time to look for another doctor for sure. He said my panic attacks will make things seem real when they are not...well we'll see....thank you....tina

Old 04-19-2007, 05:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tina - yeah. Definitely find another dr, preferably one who also either practices alternative medicine or is associated with a naturopath. They tend to be able to "see" thyroid/endocrine problems better than most doctors. While my symptoms aren't nearly as severe as yours, I'm going through pretty much the same thing. Trying to find a dr who will treat my symptoms and me as a person, rather than just going by lab results. It ain't easy.

Be strong. Be vocal. Ask questions. Read your little heart out. Get copies of your test results/reports.

It's your health. Fight for it.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Are you taking a good multi vitamin? You say you have bad teeth hair and skin.
Just lacking b vitamins alone can cause alot of negative side effects on the body.

Lack of Vitamin B1 can cause disease of the nervous system include weight loss, emotional disturbances,impaired sensory perception, weakness and pain in the limbs, periods of irregular heartbeat, and edema
Lack of B2 can cause cracked lips , dry skin or dermatitis
Lack of B3 can cause dermatitis, insomnia, weakness, mental confusion
Lack of B5 can cause acne
Lack of B6 can cause anemia, depression, dermatitis, high blood pressure, water retention, and elevated levels of homocysteine.
Lack of B 12 causes pernicious anemia and memory loss

Lack of Vitamin A causes Scotoma which is seeing spots before your eyes, and causes your eyes to hurt when in light.

There are so many things that lack of vitamins can cause.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
(female)

tina2367 HB User

hi,
I don't know if it's a good one is there one better then another..mine is one a day with calium

Old 05-22-2007, 04:56 AM   #9
(female)

tina2367 HB User

Hi,
Me again with some new information...Is anyone else feeling like this or gonig through this? I am now almost daily getting heart palipations and sweating ,dizziness,light headedness , dry mouth, no energy or it's through the roof,gloomy feeling of death, too much sleep or not enough, diareaha or cosapation,losing focus, throat is swelling, and now i have been taking my temp regularly it is crazy...it will be as low as 96.2 and that's when i will be so cold and ghave xchills and shakes...Or in the 99's and that's when i am sweating. I have feelings of passing out in the stores in the shower in the school. Sex is scary because when i start to reallly get into it now i feel like i can't breathe
and i am going to pass out.
I am still being told this is anexity....But everyday and to this extreme...someone PLEASE help me....................tee

Old 05-27-2007, 07:36 AM   #10
(female)

tina2367 HB User

hi,
Just wanted to respond here i have really really tried everything you are saying but for some reason it did not work it just keeps getting so so so much worse.
I hate it! Yesterday was so bad...I mean terrible! I was out shopping with a friend when i started feeling light headed and like i had to get out of there before i passed out. We got into my car and my friend said i looked vey pale and was i okay. I told her what was going on and she said she'd drive. We were only about 8 minutes from my house but it felt like i would never get home. I felt like i had to somehow run away from myself..outta my body or something... i was crawling inside...it was terrible. I was sooo upset by the time we got home i was sure i was going to die this time...I crawled into my room..My husband came in and tried to hold me i scream at him don't touch me! don't touch me! It was like i was suffacating when he tried to hold me...Very Scary...He back up and said why i told him...He screamed i can't take this anymore and i sceamed back you think i can! I am losing my mind.
I took my temperture it was at 96.3 and my blood pressure was 133/90 high for me. I was trying to lay down my heart was racing and thumpimg so hard..oMG this was it...my legs hurt my eyes,my arms were tingling and numb.I told my husband i needed to go to the hospital...he said no you don't your doing this to yourself.I cried so hard. This conitued all day it's started at 1:37pm and was still going on til 2:37 am .I couldn't get and releif no matter what i tried. I am still shaky and scared. Now i lost my husband's support this is not good. And my children to see my this way kills me.I never went to the hospital although i was sure i was gonig to die i of course didn't. I am just so dang scared now of all this and i know it is only suppose to be anixety but i think it's more..No i know it's more...I just don't know what to do anymore.....please help me...Please

Last edited by tina2367; 05-27-2007 at 07:42 AM.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:48 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

Tina, all of your symptoms are pointing toward anxiety and panic attacks. I really urge you to see your doctor about possibly getting some meds to help the problem. What you are describing is very common with people with agoraphobia which is fear of open spaces. And fear of being in crowds and stuff. It's all inter-related but your case seems to be severe enough that medical intervention is necessary.

I suffer from panic attacks, too, so I know what it's like. I manage to get through without meds because it doesn't completely interfere with my life the way it did when I first started getting it. But you really need to get some meds because it's really taking over your life.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:18 AM   #12
(female)

tina2367 HB User

hi,
Sorry so how do you get this and why? It makes no sense to me i have always been a people person now i hate to go out anywhere, even camping with the kids in our backyard. I have now slept almost all of 2 days and if i wasn't sleeping i jjust laid in bed wondering if i'll ever be alright again.Last time i was at the er they gave me vesteril 25mgs but it doesn't really do anything at all. I have always been such a strong and confindent person now i feel weak and beaten this is the worst feeling. I know it's all suppose to be mind over matter well my MIND has taken over this matter...and is refuse to give it back. I have told myself it is harmless and i will be ok....but with your heart beating out of your chest and not being able to breathe and the impounding thought of death...my MIND wins...........dang it!!!!!!!!! I just want my life back..........tina

Old 05-28-2007, 04:38 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tina - I'm sorry you're going through all this. I get a similar experience when out at the mall (haven't been to one in 6 years because of that). Not to quite that degree, but still get the light headedness, can't breathe, "gotta get out of here now!" reaction in crowded places.

Call around and find a dr. Now. Today. Do it. Get your thyroid tested again. This time make sure they run FT4, FT3, TPOAb and TgAb antibodies tests, as well as just the TSH. Write these down and take the list to the dr with you. If they dr won't run these tests, then become a pain in the butt. Tell them if they do the all tests and they come back normal you won't bug them again. Tell them anything to get these tests done. Did you know that thyroid problems can cause your anxiety and panic attacks, in addition to all your physical symptoms?

You need to do this for yourself and your family.

Please keep us posted.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:35 AM   #14
(female)

tina2367 HB User

hi,
I am going to get these done at the ER because no matter what i say the doctor just says it's definately anxiety and now my husband is convinced it is too.Well i am not ...not to this extreme i mean i believe i do have anxeity now and panic attacks but i also believe that there is something phyically cuzing them..ie thyriod,heart,vitimin defic...something...There is no way that this is PURE anxeity...........i am freaking out now 7+yrs of this and it's getting worse not better no matter what. I can't even go into the gas station to pay for my gas now without feeling these feelings....tina
Oh by the way not sure if i mention that this started on saturday it's now monday i still feel like crap...although i have calmed down by sleeping away two days and i do mean two days ..just maybe up to go potty and eat something small right back to bed. Don't think i slept the whole time did alot of praying and crying...and wish for mercy one way or other . But still 48 hours in bed this is soo not me,i usually can't sleep more then 5 then i'm up going crazy. I have to say even today day 3 i had to force myself out of bed i really did not want to move.(was I suppose to start a new thread?)

Last edited by tina2367; 05-28-2007 at 08:49 AM.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:53 AM   #15
(female)

tina2367 HB User

hi,
something interesting to say to you..nyxie...is that although i have been married for 15 yrs and never used birth control and up to like the last 7 yrs was pretty much having intercourse everyday sometimes more than once(now it's like 1 or 2 times a week i just have NO desire at all) I used to love it! hate it now! just a wifely duty...yet only had 3 children(one before i married) and they are all girls 9 yrs apart, (22,14,5)
Do you find that strange? Could i of had a thyroid problem for years and now it's just getting so bad? Wish they'd tell me..if i knew i might be able to fix it beginning to think maybe peri menopause too...this is killing me.
tina

Last edited by tina2367; 05-29-2007 at 04:54 AM.

Closed Thread