It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
(male)

Inferit HB User
Stomach pain - possable Ulcer?

For about the last 5 months or so i have been having these painfull stomach pains roughly once a week. Last night I had a rough one. I tried to sleep it off two times but was unable to sleep becouse the pain was bothering me too much. After finally falling asleep at 4.00AM ish I woke up feeling a lot better. Today I just feel like I have a lot of air in my stomach.

After I ate dinner last night I knew something wasn't right, I felt really blooted and full. After a hour pasted I started to fell the pain slowly creaping in my upper abdominal area. Basically felt like I had a tight belt around my ribs. I could also feel the pain in my upper back as odd as this may sound. I took some antiacid chewables and some pepto-bismo. Helped a little, but still had a hard time trying to sleep.

I looked up some symptoms of Ulcers, but i'm not sure if they relate to me. Some symptoms sounds identical while others didn't. Anyways, I just wanted to know what some of you guys think this might be. Should I just go get it checked out? Does it sound like it could be some type of Ulcer?

Last edited by Inferit; 04-18-2007 at 04:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Evie4 HB User
Re: Stomach pain - possable Ulcer?

I haven't ever had an ulcer, but I do have a history of IBS and stomach issues. First I should say, you should consider talking to your doctor to rule out anything serious. I experience these types of stomach problems and for me it relates to such things as taking ibupfrofen which is very hard on my stomach. I have to take something like Pepcid or Zantac 30 minutes before ibuprofen. Black coffee is a killer (with cream is fine). Raw vegetables like brocolli, peppers and cucumber skins will induce this pain and it takes the rest of the day to recover. Extended extreme stress (which is rare for me). Once my stomach is aggravated, I have to be very careful not to over eat. It just compounds the problem. The bloating, sharp stomach pain and in the upper part of my back are almost unbearable. I've learned what sets it off which took some figuring out, but I've got it down pretty good now.

Oh yes, I do get air/gas in my stomach and once it comes up I immediately feel better. Unfortunately it is just followed by another "bubble" again. The ibuprofen induced pain is one that tends to wake me in the middle of the night. Sometimes I have to get up a walk around because it's so intense it drives me crazy to try and lay still.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2007, 01:29 AM   #3
(female)

Laura51 HB User
Re: Stomach pain - possable Ulcer?

You need to have it checked out. It could be a number of things. I have ulcers and most of my pain is in the stomach area with pain and tenderness. I also have IBS and GERD which covers alot of these problems. Stay away from caffeine, spicy foods, and foods that may cause stomach and gas pains. Please get it checked out ASAP because it isn't anything to mess with. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Closed Thread