It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

hope555 HB User
Feeling Faint with walking

Hi,
I'm reaching my wits end with doctors telling me its all in my head, and telling me all my bloodwork is perfect except normal low iron stores. Then why don't I feel perfect??? I'm 21, uni student, female. I have PCOS, low blood sugar (not diagnosed, but I get lightheaded if I don't eat every 5-5.5 hrs), anxiety and allergies. Recently, it seems like wherever I'm walking to, even for just like 10 min walk, I start feeling very faint and dizzy. This never happens if I'm just hanging out at home. Its only the mild physical exertion that leads this to happen. The feelings are similar to what I get when my sugar level drops, but everytime this happens, I would've just eaten atleast 1hr ago. Eating chocolate etc. ..nothing helps the feeling. I just feel like going home when I get like this. Sometimes these symptoms don't show up....but its all random (I can eat the exact same thing, and go to the exact same place by walking, and not feel these symptoms). PLLLLLZZZZ......does anyone know what to do??????? I'm running out of options, and this is reeeealllly interfering with my life!! Its been happenning for abt 2.5 months now...PLZZ HELP if you have similar symptoms. Thanks for reading my story.

Hope

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
(female)

sunshine8790 HB User
Re: Feeling Faint with walking

This is only my opinion, but you should have a tilt table test done. I kept getting dizzy spells and my blood pressure would drop, and my heart rate would go sky high, and I had the test and found out I have vasovagal syncope....a fainting disorder which can be treated with beta blockers like toprol xl.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
(female)

Vball_#4 HB User

My daughter also has had fainitng spells and that is what they told her it was vasovagal fainting. Her symptoms sometimes get worse when she takes a hot shower. Does this bother you? What kind of doctor does the tilt table test? She has never has this done. Thanks
Vball_#4

Old 04-21-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
(female)

sunshine8790 HB User

A cardiologist did my tilt table test. Yes, hot bath or shower makes me feel worse.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #5
(female)

hope555 HB User

Hi!
Thanks for all the replies. I think my symptoms differ a little from all of yours. A hot bath definitely doesn't make my symptoms worse (they make them better). Also, I've never actually fainted in about 7 years now. I just started to feel faint for the last few weeks when walking to work. I will let you all know what the docs think in a few days when I have an appointment. Thanks again for all the replies.

Sincerely, Hope

Closed Thread