It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2007, 07:09 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CandP HB User
Need To Increase Blood Cirrculation

I tend to get that "cold breeze" feeling on my right leg. I have been anemic for 10 years or so, mayby 15...I'm 30 now. I have run out of iron vitamins, haven't taken them in about two years (just kept forgetting to buy more.)

How can I get rid of that feeling? How do you improve blood cirrculation? I'm getting health insurance in a few months. Cant go to the doc now. However, I do believe I feel like this sometimes days before my period. It does not happen always. I also feel some pain from time to time around my feet/toes or legs, and fingers sometimes. Thoughts?

Old 04-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Need To Increase Blood Cirrculation

Get your thyroid tested.
Do not sit with legs crossed.
Try to elevate legs when sitting.
Walk off and on to keep blood flowing in legs.

As soon as possible see a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment. It could be a minor problem or it could be a major problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
(female)

Mrs.Khan HB User

U need to c a doc immediately .Try to take iron tablets .they have more iron than multiviatmin tablets .being anaemic for 10 years and not taking iron ....u have put yourself at risk of heart problems .don't do this any m ore .take iron now .Blood flow can be increased by warmth and movements .especially while standing keep on moving legs .This can be due to anaemia but just make sure that this is not a nerve problem .

Old 04-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
(female)

Mrs.Khan HB User

U need to c a doc immediately .Try to take iron tablets .they have more iron than multiviatmin tablets .being anaemic for 10 years and not taking iron ....u have put yourself at risk of heart problems .don't do this any m ore .take iron now .Blood flow can be increased by warmth and movements .especially while standing keep on moving legs .This can be due to anaemia but just make sure that this is not a nerve problem .

Old 04-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
(female)

Mrs.Khan HB User

I think this cool breeze feeling is not related to anaemia coz this time I noticed that I am having the same feeling during periods .I don't think its of any significance .Anyways main symptom of anaemia is weakness and palpitations on exertion .do u have that ?if yes then take iron tablets

Old 04-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

CandP HB User

Hi,
Thanks for the info.

I started my iron vitamins today. I still think it's because I lack iron. I am planning on going to the doc if this doesn't go away within the next week or so.

Last week was a VERY stressful week, and on top of that my period came 4 days earlier. I started feeling this sensation Saturday, and today is Monday. So I will see what these iron pills will do.

No one in my family has thyroid issues. I don't feel dizzy or anything. Just these minor aches and the cold breeze sensation.

But I think it will pass. I will lie down now and rest. I have no problems in my sleep either. I do tend to sit down a lot at work, and this past week I have been very tense & my body tenses very easily & quickly under stress.

Thanks for the help...oh, any advice on what to eat/drink for this time?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

Cayenne increases you metabolism and used in herbal medicine as a circulatory tonic, which means it improves circulation of blood in the body.
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin. Capsaicin enough of it kills prostate cells.
It warms the blood, aids digestion, increases metabolism, helps with pain in feet or legs from nerve damage due to diabetes, as well as joint or muscle pain.

Closed Thread