It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
(male)

bsc1280 HB User
Sleepiness, Laziness, Lack of concentration..please help me!

Hi

These signs have been there for some years now but in past 2-3 years they have grown significantly. let me give some background of myself. I am ' 2" tall and 105 kg..quite over weight, dont do any excercisde and the excess weight is mostly due to over eating.

i have problems getting good sleep...i sleep easily but i think i wake up due to bad dreams or something else..even if i sleep like 8-9 hours..i dont feel fresh...i normally sleep 6-6.5 hours on weekdays... i find it difficult keeping awake in office...the moment i sit back at chair..i feel like i wud fall asleep soon...i had a deviated septum and i thought its becuase of that but then i got it operated last year and now its fine...my sleep is better now but still

i feel lazy ...dont feel like moving around a lot...sleepy in office and the most alarmign thing is concentration...i have been an intelligent and studious person since childhood and have always done good at stdies and doing my work...but past 5-6 years ..i find it difficult to concentrate..its so sever that i can not read a document, novel look at my pc for more than 10-15 mins in a go..i feel bbored and just do something else or simply start thinking about something else...the work which used to seem very interesting has now sound liek boring to me...i simply cant do it for more than 5 mins...that includes listening to a person as well...in my school i attended lectures but stopped listeing to teh professor after liek 15 misn...then i dont know what they are talkign about...i simplu think about something else...now in office meetnings it goes the same...

i sometime feel my shoulders and neck is streched...like i dont feel fresh and seem like i am tired and need rest..i wish i cud lie down on my bed and just lsoe my eyes...
these days i have short term memory and tend to forget things easily.....
i am 26 years old male...btw i have also increased my love for food...i feel hungry soon and then feel lile eating somehint
...chocolates.ice creasm and chicken dishes...this usually gives me statisfaction...........btw i sometimes also feel depressed but havent had any sever mental disorders or problems..but generally i mostly take life pessimistically...

i was thiking what is the reason for all this? and please please hery lp me what should i do ? shall i start some excercise? what can be a cause of this? pleas please help me! my career and life is at stake..how can i come out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
(female)

sam06 HB User
Re: Sleepiness, Laziness, Lack of concentration..please help me!

I would go get some tests done........it sounds like it may be diabetes and/or sleep apnea.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
(male)

bsc1280 HB User

Hi

i have got my diabetes tested....and it was ok...
about sleep apnea..i told doctpor about tej symtoms and he said that its not as sever as sleep apnea and thats why i got my nose operated...
please help ,me on what else coudl it all be...laziness..lack of concentration..loss of memory and feeling of being tired....

Old 04-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #4
(female)

Megn80 HB User

It's a possibility you could be suffering from some kind of depression. Maybe you could talk to your doctor about that.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User

At your age you can't be on a statin drug but that sounds like me on statins..

Go to bed and get up at the same time everyday, including your days off.
Keep your bedroom for sleep and sex, not work, music or TV.
Avoid heavy meals, caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol for 3-4 hours before going to bed.
Don't exercise within 3 hours of bedtime.
Reduce the lighting and noise before going to bed.
Have some wind down time prior to going to bed.
Reduce your stress.
(I also would suggest cutting out any medicines you may be on. Stop one for a week, then stop another next week and go back on the one you had quit the week before... just testing each for the side effects.... But I would discuss this with my doctor first if it is an importatnt drug like an antibotic)

IF after you try that and you still can not sleep, print out a list of things you have tried that failed. Then make a list of how this is effecting your life and your job like you wrote here. Then make an appointment to see your doctor.
# 1 Specify to the doctor the reason you are there " I can not sleep and it is a major problem!" and make sure THIS is the only subject you discuss this day!
# 2 Then give him the list of "I have tried this and this and this and it didn't work!"

# 3 then give him the symptoms you discribed here.

# 4- then state that you need to get to the bottom of this and ask what he suggests, option #1, option #2 and option #3.

I would avoid the drugs until I had tried everything humanly possiable to correct the problem other ways.

I am not a doctor or a medical person, these are the things I would try if it were me. If it were me, I would insist on a complete blood workup and a sleep test.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

Stay away from alchohol, soda, and junk food. Start exercising but do it very slowly. You can start off by just walking. Start for a short amount of time and gradually increase your workouts. If you start losing weight I bet your problems will eventually ease up. Also try and cut back on portions. Smaller portions help a lot. You don't have to go crazy and totally give up junk food but try to eat less of it. Drinking water or organic juice with low sugar is much better than really sugary drinks.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi bsc1280. Eating healthy and exercising can definitely help.

I also recommend having your thyroid tested. Thyroid disorders are fairly common and can cause these symptoms. Ask to have the Free T3, Free T4 (besides the T3 and T4) and thyroid antibodies tested in addition to the normal panel. These are blood tests. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view. Get copies of your results. If you need help interpreting them, the people on the thyroid board at this site are great.

I hope you find out what is wrong soon. Hang in there okay?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

I strongly suspect sleep apnea, given my family's experience with it.
We all have it and you are describing our symptoms to a T.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread