It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

polarbearluva44 HB User
Exclamation Help!!!!!

hello, im a 14 year old girl. i have been constipated for a couple weeks and it has gotten so bad that i bleed alot. i have been taking colace (or however you spell it) but it doesnt seem to be working. i have been eating alot of oatmeal but nothing has changed. where else can you get fiber? is there anything but lacking fiber that can cause constipation?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
(female)

alien7 HB User
Re: Help!!!!!

Try taking some Metamucil or Citrucel. Don't forget to drink plenty of water and you may want to try taking up some physical activity like walking, going on the treadmill, or jogging etc. Mineral oil can also help with constipation. Cut down on cheese and other foods that may cause your constpation to get worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

dompierre5 HB User

Hi,
I also read your other post. You should be checked by a physician. If you are having these symptoms, could be anemia, dehydration, as well as a whole host of other possibilities. Could one of your parents or other close relative take you for a physical? Good Luck! and Don't worry!

Old 04-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Hi,
Are you not going at all? Or are your stools just really hard? If you are not going at all, try using a Fleet enema. If that doesn't work, you may need to head to a doctor.

If you have hard stools, try eating Fber One Cereal, which is actually better than oatmeal for adding fiber. And try Miralax. It is a powder that you stir into liquid. You can get it at Target. You mix it in water, juice, water, and you can't even taste it. You need to consume 30 grams of fiber a day to maintain regularity. A bowl of fiber one has 13 grams, so you are almost half way there. Broccoli is high in fiber as are leafy greens. Fiber tabs can also be taken. You also need to be drinking at least 6-8 8 oz. glasses of water a day. You are bleeding because the tissue in your colon is very thin and hard stools will cause it to tear.

Takae colace and also a senecot. One is a stool softener and the other is a laxative. Both of them will help you go in a couple of days....

But, if you have not had a decent bowel movement in the past week, you need to tell your Mom and get into a doctor. This could get serious and could end up being very painful........

Old 04-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

You should never use an enema unless recommended by your doctor. Many conditions that may cause constipation can be worsened by enemas, and it is not a solution for your problem, just a quick fix. Many people use laxatives and enemas so much, they train their bodies to only go with their use.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #6
(female)

Mrs.Wilson HB User

My main concern would be the bleeding, unless I read it wrong. That should not be happening at all!

I have always had constipation problems my whole life and when I was about 10 I had to go to the doctor and he helped me out a lot and since then I have had to just keep a regualr diet going. I am now almost 23 and still battling it.

Try to eat as little dairy, bread, and meat products as possilbe. These things are very hard for your body to digest and can make the problem worse. Also eat your friuts and veggies...No joke if I have three huge pieces of celery or 2-3 apples in a day...(like in the evening after dinner) I wake up the next morning and have to run to restroom. They are a much safer and natural way to help your body then using laxitives and enemas. Also try to eat fiber. 15 grams a day...frosted mini wheats for breakfast are great, and try something like citrical or metimucial can also help but remember that all the fruits and veggies are loaded with fiber too. If I have something (like a steak for dinner or quesadilla) I will with have a glass of metimucal before I go to bed to get a little extra daily fiber since I know that my body cant handle it.

But please...if you are not passing anything, or barley anything and bleeding, please tell your mom and go to the doctor, if you cant afford to go the doctor every county has free health clinics. Please go!

Good luck!

Closed Thread