It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
(male)

rob_bie33 HB User
Nutritional advice, please...

I'm an 18 year old male, and have been regularly going to the gym and weight training for the last 4/5 months.

I am 5ft 11, and weigh 10 stone, pretty much normal if not slightly underweight.

Basically, I eat a lot of cereal. I have a few bowls for breakfast, and a few bowls as a supper before I go to bed. The cereals I eat tend to be shreddie-based, ie. frosted/coco/normal shreddies or flake based, like a cereal I found recently which is oat flaked based with a tint of honey for flavouring, or just plain weetabix/cornflakes with a bit of sugar to accompany it.

Throughout the day I eat a reasonably balance diet, which includes a full cooked meal at night, courtesy of my mum, and a sandwich/scrambled egg/small lunch, with a piece of fruit, maybe some crisps, yogurt etc.

I don't really snack much during the day.

Is it ok for me to eat as much cereal?

Is my diet balanced?

Any tips/hints/help would be greatly appreciated. =]

Thanks,

Robbie

Old 04-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Re: Nutritional advice, please...

Robbie,

You have a reason to be concerned. This is not a balanced diet. While cereals are fortified with vitamins, they are not the same as the vitamins you get from food. They are meant to fortify, NOT be your only source. You need to get plenty of vitamins from whole foods, fruits, veggies, lean meats/fish, and whole grains. Do an internet search for a food pyramid, and it will show you how many servings you need per day. Not getting proper nutrition will result in you not getting the benefits of your excercise program, and set you up for a weak immune system.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread