It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User
Can't seem to find any info on this

I tried searching for these problems but come up with nothing. I did go to an internest yesterday and he has ordered some testing - blood, urine and ultrasound, also wants me to see a gyn for tender lower pelvis. I don't go for that until the end of next week and I am hoping to find answers now!! I have been feeling generally ill for months, weak, tired, headaches, low-grade fever, hairloss, low libido, sometimes a bit dizzy and my abdomen always feels very warm compared to the rest of my body and seems bloated. He poked around but said he didn't feel anything abnormal even though it was tender in spots. I just had a pap in Dec. and all was good. I was hoping maybe someone could either tell me what may be causing these things or advise me as to what words to use in search. Also, have had my thyroid and hormones checked in January and was told all was normal. I would have guessed hypothyroid except I have lost weight easily through diet in the past 6 months and that wouldn't explain the hot abs or fever....hope someone can help! I hate waiting on tests and results! lol

Thanks

Last edited by nuttygirl; 04-26-2007 at 08:37 AM. Reason: mispellings

Old 04-27-2007, 04:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Can't seem to find any info on this

Well,just from my experience,anytime an area of the body actually feels warmer than the rest,it usually comes down to some level of inflammation going on,or even a possible infection underlying there.those are the two most common reasons for a body area to actually generate heat of some sort.just what exactly is the US going to be done on,the reproductive organs?there are way too many possible things that can be wrong or have problems with in that particular area to even really go into here.but it does appear that your doc has done all the right diagnostic type tests at this point,so thats a really great thing for you.it sounds like he at leat knows what he is doing,unfortunetly you cannot say that about every doc.

i gather you have not actually gotten any of the blood test results yet?if you do indeed have some level of inflammation or infection,it would show up in a basic metabolic type panel,which he most likely did,so thats a good thing.if this pain is very low in the abdomen,it would most likely be the ovaries or that genral area?they sit very low in the abdomen,much lower than i though they would anyway.the hair loss and other symptoms "could' possibly be just from some hormonal imbalance possibly caused by whatever is actually going on inside.just a thought there.

i think you will probably get the best info from that US that is going to be done.it just gives an 'inside' view of organs vs pushing and palpating around from the outside,you know what i mean?unfortuently,you probably wont really know anything until that gets done and then compared with the other test results.sorry i couldn't help you more with this.i know how much it sucks just waiting for a test and then results,but its all a big part of diagnosing anything really.i do wish you luck and hope this isn't something major.just an infection that can be cleared with the right anti Bs.please let me know what you find out,K? hang in there,FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #3
(female)

Terrigrrl HB User
Re: Can't seem to find any info on this

******: Endometriosis and see if that helps you at all.

Closed Thread