It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
(male)

johnnyquest HB User
May have eaten glass ?

Ok this is a long story so I'll try to keep it short... a couple nights ago my dear grandmother (who should not be living alone) made (err tried to make) dinner for my Dad and myself... apparently during the process she took a baked glass dish of macaroni and put it on the hot stove eye, and it literally exploded all over.

Of course no one was there at the time, and she didn't mention it, apparently thinking she had gotten all the glass etc out, plus I guess she had worked all day on it.

Anyhow, about halfway through eating, I noticed a few sizable chunks of glass in the serving bowls, at which point she came out with the story.

So I'm pretty confident that I didn't eat any glass chunks of any size, I chew my food pretty good and am fairly certain I would have noticed, in fact I did take a bite of something and got a "crunch", which I didn't finish eating.

I guess my concern is, what about any very small pieces/shards etc that might have been in any of the food ? If I were to have swallowed anything like that, should I be concerned ?

It's been about 48 hours since we ate, and yes I've been to the restroom a few times, without incident.

I imagine I'm just being a worry-wart, but I tried searching the internet without much success so figured I would give this forum a shot.

Thanks in advance for a great site and any thoughts/ideas/advice anyone might have.

JQ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
(female)

alien7 HB User
Re: May have eaten glass ?

If you did swallow tiny specs of glass, I wouldn't worry about it because it will most likely pass through your intestinal tract without a problem. And the food you ate most likely coated the glass as it pass through your intestines protecting them from getting harmed in the process.

Last edited by alien7; 04-26-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: May have eaten glass ?

I agree with alien7 that you will be ok. I've swallowed many tongue rings and I haven't had any problems. That's a rod made of metal that's an inch long and 2 metal balls.

Closed Thread