It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
(male)

password212 HB User
Another Mono Question

I just found out yesterday that I for sure have mono! Although I have had the symptoms for a week now. I have been reading that this means that I have had the mono virus for the last 4 to 6 weeks.

I have been with this one girl for the past 7 weeks or so. There is a possibility that she is a carrier of mono too (and gave me the virus) but that is not what this question is about either.

So I have seen her and at least kissed/made out with her at least every other day. This means that we have made out (exchanged saliva) quite a few times. I have been thinking. Since I didn't know I had mono for the last 6 weeks and have been kissing her, does this mean that if she can get it has already been decided that she will DEFINITELY get it? The way I am seeing it is that kissing her more isn't going to change anything! If she is going to get mono, she has already got it from kissing me when I was in my contagious stage.

THE QUESTION:

Can we continue to kiss, make-out, fool around after I am feeling better? Or when can we start doing that again? I don't plan on kissing anyone else right now for multiple reasons, but with this girl I have already been kissing her when I caught the virus so it doesn't seem like it would change anything.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP,

PW

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User
Re: Another Mono Question

If you care for her at all you will quit. There is a chance she hasn't caught it and if so, you don't want to give it to her. When my hubby caught mono I never did catch it.

You should have your own knife, fork, spoon, bowl, plate, glass, etc. Don't share them with anyone! Don't eat in a restaurant where they have to wash dishes, as that can pass mono onto someone else if they aren't washed properly.

Change your toothbrush once a week and try to keep from giving yourself the virus again.

Take it easy or you can be sicker for a whole lot longer for then 4-6 months. My husband had mono for over a year. No fun!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
(male)

password212 HB User

I definitely do care for her, and have not kissed her lips since I have had symptoms of sickness. And she does know that I have it, so I haven't been keeping it secret or anything. We have seen each other pretty much every day since I have been in bed with the sickness. So she definitely knows, and I am leaving it up to her. But I wanted to know if the damage was already done, and if it would really matter if we kissed now since we have already been kissing during that 6 weeks when (from what I have been reading) I was most contagious!

Anyone else got any opinion on the issue???

THANKS

Old 04-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #4
(female)

shaunsgrl HB User

I had mono earlier this year. I don't think it was a bad case of it, because I wasnt as sick as most people get. Like PinkPiglet, my husband never got it...neither did my son. My doctor said that if they were going to get it, they would have gotten it about the same time that I did. I think she may be ok, but you might want to ask your doctor to be on the safe side.

Closed Thread