It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User
Nerve damage

I had surgery almost one year ago on my frontal sinuses. The incision was from ear to ear one inch into my hairline. Since than the nerves on top of my head are still dead and haven't come back. I'm starting to wonder if they ever will or is it permanent. Some of it has come back, but some of it is still very dead and it complicates my life extremely. I feel like I am wearing a cap on the top of my head most of the time and my head feels heavy.

I plan to see the doctor who did my surgery to discuss this, but not sure if I should see a Neurologist about this numbness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User
Re: Nerve damage

I had abdominal surgery 9 years ago and still have very little feeling. Once in a while it really itches though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

Well, that sucks! Itching means nerves are trying to come back to life. I still have some itching going on as well but it is completely dead right in the middle of the top of my head. Stinks!

Old 04-30-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User

Well, the itching never lasts for long and the nerves never do come back.

However, everyone is different. Maybe you'll have better luck then I've had.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

unfortunately only time will tell.. I had foot surgery years ago and for over a year I couldn't move my pinkie toe (thankfully not the most inconvenient body part to not work). About a year to a year and a half later I could finally move it, it just took that long for all the nerves to grow back. Since you are at 1 year I would give it some more time, but there's no fool-proof way to say the nerves will or will not come back.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello

Just thought I would share some of my own experience with severe nerve damage that might be of use. After some radical surgeries and radiation, I was left with mucho nerve damage. I have no feeling at all in a section of my stomach (can take a needle in it with no feeling). My leg, however, has been a problem for years with its nerve damage. I so understand the 'numbness, but itching." Also the pain and torment of 'burning' in my leg.

Some new research shows that it might not be old nerves trying to rejuvenate, but rather healthy nerves looking to reconnect with the dead nerves. Anyway, whatever. My point is to tell you that I have recently found that taking magnesium is a huge HELP to this "nerve pain." Just unbelieveable to me. I take one 250 mg tab mid-morning and one 250 mg tab mid-evening. It truly is helping greatly.

Maybe this is something folks may want to try? Just a thought. I think that the nerve damage had been one of the more tormenting symptoms I have had on a sustained basis. It is so greatly reduced now.

Best wishes to all
reachout

Closed Thread